No deer rifle!

Rich Coyle

The thread requesting deer rifle photos reminded me I'm a sissy boy when it comes to big bears. I have, I mean had, a 6.5 wildcat that matches the 6.5 RPM. Since I want to move to Wyoming where big bears occasionally are seen I sent the rifle to Pendleton Stocks to have it bored to 8mm. Now it will be like a 8-.338 Win Mag.

Don't feel sorry for me being a sissy. I am used to it. I don't like strong coffee either. And being cold must be sinful. Oh yea. I am a sissy when it comes to recoil too, so the rifle will be getting a MBM 1" ti five port brake, Lord willing.

Yours truly,
Your.com friend,
Rich Coyle

West coast Governors more dangerous than bears ever thought about being!

Good bullets these days give me more confidence in the smaller bores.

The thread requesting deer rifle photos reminded me I'm a sissy boy when it comes to big bears. I have, I mean had, a 6.5 wildcat that matches the 6.5 RPM. Since I want to move to Wyoming where big bears occasionally are seen I sent the rifle to Pendleton Stocks to have it bored to 8mm. Now it will be like a 8-.338 Win Mag.

Don't feel sorry for me being a sissy. I am used to it. I don't like strong coffee either. And being cold must be sinful. Oh yea. I am a sissy when it comes to recoil too, so the rifle will be getting a MBM 1" ti five port brake, Lord willing.

Yours truly,
Your.com friend,
Rich Coyle
Be sure to have hearing protection in before touching it off ! Those brakes are hard on your ears.

I just got a MBM 5 port TI and put it on my 338, which is also my deer rifle, actually all game rifle. It's shot groundhogs to elk. In addition to the ear plugs, wear safety glasses with that brake. I usually where glasses, but not always for rifles, but with that rifle I will. It is a very effective brake, but it's blast picked up every little piece of debris around where I was shooting and tossed it around.

You might think longhorns will help.....better layer up better than that during the winter....
Put a car muffler on the beast of yorn......

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.