Nikon Monarch Turret Kit

Marine24

Anyone used the Nikon Monarch Turret kit? Are the turrets the tall target style or shorter tactical style?

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 scope that has been my mainstay on my hunting rifles but recently picked up a Savage LE rifle on an AI stock.

Plan on mounting either a Viper PST or a Nikon Tactical, but since I have two of the Monarch scopes still sitting in the box, thought I'd explore the turret kit option as a short term option.

I don't have the tall turrets on my Monarch which is the same as yours with mil dots. And in my opinion the target turrets are not a worthy investment because the scope though the durability and glass are fantastic, does not track very well. After making adjustments the first shot is always off. But after the first shot the reticle settle and is right on.

Camshaft,

Thanks. Have you seen issues with the target turrets? Since I use the Monarch's on my hunting rifles, I usually don't dial in the shot since most are within PBR and use a combination of holdover/Kentuck windage to compensate for those that aren't.

I cant imagine any problems with the turrets though I have never used them but I have taken my short ones loose to zero them after sight in and they are very simple and effective.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.