Nikon Monarch?

terryede

Have any of you had any experience with the Nikon Monarch? I have on and had kenton ind. build me a custom turret for it and so far everything seems to work real well always going back to zero, but I am getting ready to put together a nice long range gun in .300wm and trying to find out if my experience with the monarch is a fluke or are they a pretty good affordable choice? Thanks

Dig'em, I don't run them but my best friend has a hord of them and I shoot them often. This year he started dialing for longer shots and they are solid IMO, not setting the world on fire but solid. I came razor edge close to starting to use them but the limited MOA has just kept me from them, that's seems to be about the only down fall.

Very good glass, solid mechanicals. The only downside is pretty limited range of adjustment on the higher powered models.

A buddy of mine has a couple of them and I am putting one on a lightweight spot and stalk rifle I am building now. They are a solid choice if you don't need to dial too far out.

With a 20moa base on my 300rum shooting 210vlds I have 42moa of elevation available which gets me to 1500yards which is plenty for my rifle and scope setup.

That is what I was planning on also, the 20moa base. Which scope you got camshaft? Thanks everybody for all your input.

4-16x4sf Nikon Monarch with Mil-Dot reticle. Riding Leupold Mk4 Med rings on an EGW 20moa rail. I dial all of my shots and it works perfectly. My scope has 50moa of internal elevation and I only use 8 to get a 100yrd zero with the sloped mounting rail.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts