nightforce vs vortex

Adam T

hello everyone I'm looking into getting my new scope for my .300 win mag I'm throwing around the idea of the nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 or the vortex viper HS LR 6-24x50FFP any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

You're really comparing apples & oranges here. The two scopes you mention are (in my opinion) on opposite ends of the spectrum.

From what you listed. My choice is easy, NXS all day, every day & twice on Sunday.

t

I own a few nf scopes and two are nxs 5.5-25 X 56

If you choose to spend the money on the nxs get the 56mm objective. It makes a significant difference in field of view, clarity, and light transmission.

thats like comparing a professional team to a little league team, NXS easily. That being said if a guy doesnt have the money to come up with an NXS the vortex isnt bad, the eyebox on them isnt for me but regardless they have an awesome warranty, and they function well for what you pay. I have been a die hard leupold fan most of my life, and I have pulled off some pretty impressive long range shots using one but after trying a NF and now owning a few, I wont dial with a Leupold again if I can help it.

thats like comparing a professional team to a little league team, NXS easily. That being said if a guy doesnt have the money to come up with an NXS the vortex isnt bad, the eyebox on them isnt for me but regardless they have an awesome warranty, and they function well for what you pay. I have been a die hard leupold fan most of my life, and I have pulled off some pretty impressive long range shots using one but after trying a NF and now owning a few, I wont dial with a Leupold again if I can help it.

Mike, you ain't just whistlin' dixie. I grew up hard core Leupold... I only have 3 left. NightForce made life hard on the wallet, USO made it almost impossible :D

I do have to admit, my last purchase was a GEN 1 Vortex Razor....

t

As said above its not really a fair comparison... Now with that being said it more depends on your intended use of the optic. On some of my light weight "stalking" or
"truck guns" I throw a PST on them and I'm done.. Cause its only a 4-600 yard rifle... and given that the PST does the job well.

When you start playing at long ranges and reading conditions etc... there is no way the PST competes with the NXS. A fair comparison would be the NXS and Gen II Razor.

Mike, you ain't just whistlin' dixie. I grew up hard core Leupold... I only have 3 left. NightForce made life hard on the wallet, USO made it almost impossible :D

I do have to admit, my last purchase was a GEN 1 Vortex Razor....

t

we really need a "like" button. im gonna ask "teh fixer" about adding that feature

yep, the Nightforce is best, and if your spending the money, I cant imagine not getting 56mm glass. even if you are packing it in. if you are concerned about weight, work out for a few more weeks or throw out something else. the glass is primary in my opinion.

hello everyone I'm looking into getting my new scope for my .300 win mag I'm throwing around the idea of the nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 or the vortex viper HS LR 6-24x50FFP any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated
There's no comparison between the two at all.

The only Vortex Scopes that compare with the NF's are the Razor series.

You are essentially comparing a Range Rover to a Toyota minivan comparing the NF to the Viper series of scopes.

Both are excellent in their price range but there's simply no conparing the two.

I started with the vortex PST and my old man slapped an HS on his rifle. Both are fantastic bang for your buck. They both tracked perfectly, and held up well. The glass is good, warranty is great and doesn't kill the wallet. I then purchased an NXS 5.5-22x50 and its a whole new league. I'd sell my house for another nightforce lol. That being said price is an issue then vortex is got to be one of best out there.

If you want to compare the nightforce to vortex it's got to be a razor gen I. They are fairly similar for the money. Both good scopes and great glass. The gen II Razor in my opinion is actually a lot nicer. But once again your stepping into another ball game there and needs to be compared to another optic

There's no comparison between the two at all.

The only Vortex Scopes that compare with the NF's are the Razor series.

You are essentially comparing a Range Rover to a Toyota minivan comparing the NF to the Viper series of scopes.

Both are excellent in their price range but there's simply no conparing the two.

so what exactly are you saying about Toyota Minivan's??? :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.