Nightforce shv or zeiss hd5

I have several nightforce nxs scopes , not shv ,but the 2 hd5 scopes i have spank the nightforce scopes in the glass department, i think some of these other reviewers may not want to admit that the cheaper scope has better glass, we actually tested about 20 scopes using charts with several different people at varying ranges and both the hd5 s in the test beat all the nightforce scopes in the test across all 5 people who participated. This was only testing the glass not the turrets or tracking or ruggedness. The hd5 is limited in elevation travel and the zero stop is kinda dumb but glass is awesome.

How does the glass in the hd5 compare with the Swarovski z5 5-25X52? It is lighter than the other two.

We did not test any swaro z5 , i would imagine the swaro is better but thats pure speculation.

IMHO, the reticle thickness on the HD5 is too thick. I believe it is right about 1/4 MOA thick; in addition, once you set the zero stop, you can only dial the scope one rotation.

I bought the HD5 5-25 with a varmint reticle as it is the thinnest they use at 0.125" @ 25x @ 100 yards and some days I wish it was smaller. The NF is half as thin. I've never looked through a NF but my HD5 has amazing glass and will be one I'll hang on to for life. Only if NF was as light as Zeiss:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.