Nightforce NXS vs Zeiss V6 vs Leupold Mark 5HD vs Maven RS 3 thru 5

BlazerBeam

Interested in hearing any problems or complaints that you've had with any of the above? I have had all of them and been happy for the most part, but that's only a limited sample size. Will be buying one for a new 7.5 - 8 lb. 300 PRC being built by TS customs. Not interested in the NX8 btw. Thank you fellas

I have had experience with the NXS and the Zeiss V6 (currently own). I prefer the glass on the Zeiss, but the turrets are more crisp on the NF. If you're up for another option, I currently have a Zeiss V4 4-16 that I prefer over the V6 (And depending on the model it's +/-$700 hundred dollars less ). Same weight, but the V4 has an illuminated reticle and locking windage turret. The specs on the V6 says it has brighter glass (92%) than the V4 (90%), but with my 47 year old eyes I cannot tell a discernable difference, but the illumination reticle helps tremendously in low light. It has become one of my favorite scopes in this price/weight range.

While hunting years ago my AI AWM topped with a NXS slid from truck cab into the ground, scope first. The impact dented the sunshade and scratched the ocular end.

Took it to the 600 yard concrete bench, dialed my dope, fired a round and it smacked the 1 moa plate with authority.

Can't vouch for the other brands

The NXS is super solid, good glass but a bit heavy and bulky turrets. The glass in the Mark 5 is noticeably better(closer to ATACR glass), it weighs a little less and the turrets are more compact and locking. V6 I wasn't very impressed with but nothing really stood out and the reticle I had was too thick for long range, fairly lightweight and compact scope, maybe I was expecting more. No experience with Maven. Have you looked at March ? Good glass, light weight, and compact.