Nightforce MOAR Reticle: Your thoughts

Here's what I'd like to see in the MOAR.
Where the reticles come in from the top, bottom and sides, make the first MOA markings by the center floating a little shorter.
Also find a happy medium with the subtension of the center floating reticle.
The NPR's are .070 MOA and the MOAR is .140 MOA.
How about the floating center reticle at .100 MOA.
Just my opinion.

The NPR's are .070 MOA and the MOAR is .140 MOA.
How about the floating center reticle at .100 MOA.
Just my opinion.

I thought of this earlier. But I was thinking even a bit thinner than the R1. That would direct your eye to the point of aim and yet it would still be fine enough for a very precise point of aim at any distance.

I like your idea.

Jeff

Your right.
Thinner subtension on the floating reticle, and make the lines that make the box around the floating reticle a little smaller. Perfect.

Too bad Nightforce doesn't have a Smart Phone app where you could design your own reticle and send the design to them, and they could install it in your Nightforce scope 1 month later. For a nominal fee of course. :D

Somebody needs to invent that. We could call it the "Reticle Inventor" App.lightbulb

C.O. Shooter, I have both 50mm and 56mm NF NSX scopes. My first was the 56mm, but my last two have all been the 50mm which I like a little better. I have never noticed a difference in the two. If it were me I would go 50mm. Just my opinion.

When the new NF MOAR comes out in ffp, That's what I am going to get in a 50mm obj. If I can wait that long. I may just get the 2fp.

I would think a FFP MOAR reticle would wash out at lower powers. I can't see it being offered in the 3.5-15 model at all. maybe I am wrong, or maybe there will be some sort of variation of it to work with FFP, imagine using your scope set to 3x, how hard would it be to see 1 moa in width at 100 yards against your target paper?? pretty darn hard.

man 2k is just too much money for a scope. I know guys are spending 3k on schmidt and benders but good lord its just a freaking rifle scope.

been following this thread, and the others on the MOAR, because that is the reticle I am looking at when I get my nightforce. decided on it, because, the center of the NPR1 seemed too busy to me (can't explain why the MOAR doesn't) and didn't like the NPR2 because it was too coarse for me. This thread had got me wondering now. I hunt, and just started to compete, but can not afford two scopes. The MOAR seemed like a good solution/compromise....now I am starting to wonder about that...

been following this thread, and the others on the MOAR, because that is the reticle I am looking at when I get my nightforce. decided on it, because, the center of the NPR1 seemed too busy to me (can't explain why the MOAR doesn't) and didn't like the NPR2 because it was too coarse for me. This thread had got me wondering now. I hunt, and just started to compete, but can not afford two scopes. The MOAR seemed like a good solution/compromise....now I am starting to wonder about that...

I don't think that it will hinder you at all. You'll learn little tricks on how to use the reticle if shooting paper. Take out the floating crosshair and you have a nice box that you can use on the x ring. I haven't had issues on paper or steel once I shot with it.

I don't think that it will hinder you at all. You'll learn little tricks on how to use the reticle if shooting paper. Take out the floating crosshair and you have a nice box that you can use on the x ring. I haven't had issues on paper or steel once I shot with it.

thanks. That had been my thinking too on the reticle. Being a new shooter, i have to look to others for opinions, and this is a big purchase for me, so I am always questioning my choice...or will be up until the moment I click the confirmation button when I buy

I hunt, and just started to compete, but can not afford two scopes. The MOAR seemed like a good solution/compromise....now I am starting to wonder about that...

I think I would ask some guys that shoot and do well at the competitions you do about this before I bit the bullet. And once again this is a question that will definatly vary with the distance and target size. If I was only hunting to 800 or 1000 yards the MOAR might work fo me too.

Jeff

I think I would ask some guys that shoot and do well at the competitions you do about this before I bit the bullet. And once again this is a question that will definatly vary with the distance and target size. If I was only hunting to 800 or 1000 yards the MOAR might work fo me too.

Jeff

Thanks for the advice. The guys I shoot with hadn't seen/used the MOAR reticle in person yet, when I asked them, so they didn't want to tell me a go/no go on it. I shoot almost exclusively to 600 yards, for F-Class, and am working out to that distance for hunting. given that I am shooting somewhat closer in, what are your thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts