Nightforce MOAR vs MOAR-T Reticle?

JFritz06

Is there a huge difference between the two? I'm looking at getting a NF with this reticle for the kiddos rifle and heard the MOAR-T reticle is a finer reticle. Not sure which one would be easier for the rug rats to use.

I really like the "T" version especially when shooting at targets, but for the little folks and for hunting then the larger reticle might be better. Meaning, the cross hair might be easier for the younger hunter to pickup in the scope at low light.

I have some NF SHV scopes that are 5-20X56 that have the MOAR reticle. In my opinion, it is the perfect reticle for my needs, which is primarily hunting along with target / range work. Plenty 'thick' for hunting in low light, but thin enough for precision target shooting. I would be concerned about low light visibility of the MOAR-T version, especially with a darker background, but I have never looked through a scope with this reticle.

I like the fact that the MOAR-T has just the center illumination. We have a place in West Texas and hunt a lot of hogs and exotics, sometimes at dark.
I also figured it might be easier for the kiddos to just focus on putting the "Red Cross" on their target??
Just wasn't sure if it was too fine of a crosshair for them to focus on.

In very low light conditions with the MOAR-T, with the power turned up, it is hard to see the reticle. I have to turn down the magnification. Turn the center illumination on and it is magic.

In very low light conditions with the MOAR-T, with the power turned up, it is hard to see the reticle. I have to turn down the magnification. Turn the center illumination on and it is magic.
Is the center illumination hard to see at a higher power?

Is there much bleed when the illumination is on?

Sorry for the slight hijack Fritz

I'll answer both, to the best of my knowledge. The reticle lights up, it basically enhances the cross hair with a nice light red reticle.....I didn't do a lot of up and down the power range testing. It is an amazing benefit at low light conditions. I didn't see any light bleed. If I was only hunting, the MOAR is likely the better option. For both hunting and target shooting, the T finer cross hair is better as it is really nice. Just my experience and opinion.

I'll answer both, to the best of my knowledge. The reticle lights up, it basically enhances the cross hair with a nice light red reticle.....I didn't do a lot of up and down the power range testing. It is an amazing benefit at low light conditions. I didn't see any light bleed. If I was only hunting, the MOAR is likely the better option. For both hunting and target shooting, the T finer cross hair is better as it is really nice. Just my experience and opinion.
Thanks for the write up! I found a good deal on the MOAR-T and decided to go with it. Hopefully it will do the trick.
I appreciate everyone's input.
Thanks again!