Nightforce MOAR T Reticle Question

2Backcountry

Anybody using the MOAR T reticle for hunting? and if so, likes or dislikes and any regrets not going with the thicker MOAR reticle?

I have been using a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 with the MOAR and love this scope but I have a rifle build that will be finished in April so another Nightforce NXS or ATACR will go on the new rifle but just trying to decide on the reticle.

Any opinions or experience would be appreciated.........Thank you

I have the "T" and really like it...a lot. I just like the thinner reticle for it not covering the target at long distance. Also, I have not had any issues with it in hunting or low light conditions. All my scopes have thin reticles.

I like a mil reticle, because you can evaluate your target distance (animal or paper/metal easily since there are constant . For example, a deer from hoof to spine 1 meter, then you calculate the number of Mrad and you know the distance easily and exactly. The atacr is a great scope

I think personal preference is more of a factor in the choice more then one being more effective then the other for hunting, even at the longer rsnges. I have both reticles and prefer the MOAR reticle over the "T''. I find it difficult for me to see the finer reticle near dusk and dawn, or in the shadows, conditions which are quite frequent when hunting.

I own a Night Force NXS 8x32x56 with the MOAR. Currently there is NO OTHER scope made and available to the general public that I would even consider over my Night Force! Enough said? Theosmithjr

I have an ATACR with the T reticle, I love it for targets and it's never been an issue while hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts