Nightforce MOAR vs MOAR-T for deer hunting

WillyD865

I'm about to buy a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 for my deer rifle. Shot my buddies and now I need one!!! His had the MOAR reticle which I like but I was leaning towards the MOAR-T because I like the idea of just the center illuminating vs the whole reticle for low light shooting. Do you guys think the MOAR-T is too thin for deer hunting? Most shots would be probably 300yds and in but occasionally I do take some long range shots. The illumination is my main reason for wanting the thinner version. Thanks

I have both, MOAR on my 300 win and MOAR T on my 338. I think you would be fine with either. The only time the T might be less desirable would be low light with brush for a background. At that point I would just illuminate it. The new Digilume reticle is very nice too for this instance at last light where you can tone it down to a light glow.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.