Nightforce lately?

It's no secret that other companies are making optics up to par with NF for the same or lesser price point. It's just the way the industry evolves.

Same with actions, barrels, stocks etc...You can buy a custom action for $800 these days where 5 years ago it would've been $1250.

I have two Nightforce Competition Benchrest scopes and they have been superb. One is on a .338 Lapua Mag which takes quite a beating and it always tracks true after 226 rounds shot with it. The glass is every bit as good as more expensive scopes I have shot through and the reticle can't be beat IMHO. I have never needed to contact Customer Service so have no experience with that aspect.

Every optics manufacturer usually has a few "birthing pains" when they come out with a new scope. The key is if they admit their issue(s), fix them and continually improve the product. Nightforce seems to be one of these type of manufacturers. One doesn't often see negative blog postings across the Internet on Nightforce scopes so this posting seems a little odd. Reloaders and LRH types are facts and data based folks. Unless there are some facts or data to backup it up, this appears to be one person's opinion or designed to stir the pot.

could you tell us why ??
We really like the feature/price mix that the Leupold Mk5 line brings. In addition to USA manufacturing and a great attitude towards customers, the weight and performance yield a perfect product for lightweight long-range hunting builds.

The team over at Kahles is hungry to achieve. We really like the optics, without too much weight penalty. When someone asks for premium glass, Kahles is our go-to while maintaining the right feature set (FFP, Elevation Travel, etc).

Both of these companies have been generous and helpful to our supply chain team, nearly achieving Just in Time delivery capability. This is huge, considering we had to carry upwards of $800,000 of NF inventory. This ability is a direct result of their respective manufacturing capabilities.

We're big on relationships. Many folks judge a rifle on cost and group size. We feel there are many aspects that are just, if not more, important. In optics, its the same, performance is important, but not everything.

We really like the feature/price mix that the Leupold Mk5 line brings. In addition to USA manufacturing and a great attitude towards customers, the weight and performance yield a perfect product for lightweight long-range hunting builds.

The team over at Kahles is hungry to achieve. We really like the optics, without too much weight penalty. When someone asks for premium glass, Kahles is our go-to while maintaining the right feature set (FFP, Elevation Travel, etc).

Both of these companies have been generous and helpful to our supply chain team, nearly achieving Just in Time delivery capability. This is huge, considering we had to carry upwards of $800,000 of NF inventory. This ability is a direct result of their respective manufacturing capabilities.

We're big on relationships. Many folks judge a rifle on cost and group size. We feel there are many aspects that are just, if not more, important. In optics, its the same, performance is important, but not everything.

So it was a money thing largely? Didn't have to carry inventory. It wasn't an inferiority of product.

I used to like Leupold until I had to deal with their CS. A formerly great company that I probably won't ever do business with again after they called me incompetent, then called me a liar, then said they would replace my scope if it was messed up, then didn't replace it but rather repaired it on their forth try because it was bad after all.

No respect for Leupold anymore from me.

The $ was a benefit, not the driving factor. I'm not going to be negative here, let's leave it at that.

If it's a product issue with nightforce then that would be helpful to the thread. I wouldn't take that as a negative but as providing info. Right now there's only been positive reviews in this thread. Doesn't do much for making an informed decision.

you're negative experience is just as valid as our positive.

I own 16 NF scopes including 2 atcr's and one SHV, the rest are NXS. I sent back 2 of the NXS scopes that I screwed up too far when I was trying to reset the zero stop and NF installed their new version of zero stop at no charge on both scopes. Customer service was excellent with super fast turn around times. These scopes are on 338 Lapua,300RUM,300 win mag,308,6.5 PRC, 243 and 50cal custom Hart ML. All are used for hunting and I have found no problems with any of them. The SHV "zero set" is not perfect but does work.

Nightforce is a huge force in the industry and sponsors nearly every thing even look at this section of the forum, you don't poke NF!!
There had been multiple huge testing threads on different forums about zero holding testing and equipment that have disappeared due to the results, best to read between the lines on this one and move on. There is a reason optics like Kahles are growing so rapidly in the market, the more average Joe figures out how to test things like tracking and zero holding the more pressure some companies will feel and the more opportunity for other to come in!!

thanks for responding ..
actually sounds like you have been bought
and by the way "preformance is everything" when in the same price bracket
But for Gunwerks its price point and customer service and weight.
OK
less cost more profit..and what is "light weight"
you say "Both of these companies have been generous and helpful to our supply chain team, nearly achieving Just in Time delivery capability."
Not sure what generous is or nearly achieving but I know you just lost a customer.
and by the way Leupold assembles its Japanese and Euopean glass just like NF
IN AMERICA
You say Kahles is hungry ...so they do things for you that NF didnt need too or wont.
Is that because they want your business but they can only buy your business.
Still not naming any NIGHTFORCE FLAW yet..
You go on to say SOMETHINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PERFORMANCE.
NOT FOR ME !!
You say you (GUNWERKS) is big on relationships $$$
which its sounds like is more important than the product. I am so very grateful you explained your decision.
And still waiting for someone to say what is wrong or substandard about NF
To this day there are still people who think hitting their leupold turrets to make sure it tracked is the thing to do to all scopes and now you are recommending that company Leupold over one that out preforms it AND you did it in a public forum of LR shooters
WOW
gonna watch this thread close

I wouldn't call out gunwerks on "just in time manufacturing." That's not fair since the vast majority of businesses do that. It's just smart. The simple fact is if you have inventory you're losing money. Especially something as specific and precise as a gunwerks package. They need to have a customer ready to go before they even consider building one. The customer is number 1, no doubt, but if you can't stay in business to serve the customer then what's the point? If luepold and kahles can do that then that's just good business. At that point gunwerks becomes luepold and kahles customer and they are serving their requirements.

I agree with the rest of your post about NF.

I wouldn't call out gunwerks on "just in time manufacturing." That's not fair since the vast majority of businesses do that. It's just smart. The simple fact is if you have inventory you're losing money. Especially something as specific and precise as a gunwerks package. They need to have a customer ready to go before they even consider building one. The customer is number 1, no doubt, but if you can't stay in business to serve the customer then what's the point? If luepold and kahles can do that then that's just good business. At that point gunwerks becomes luepold and kahles customer and they are serving their requirements.

I agree with the rest of your post about NF.
well said
its no longer about a superior product its about profit

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.