Nightforce?????

What you are paying for with the NF is a rugged, reliable, and excellent tracking scope. But don't expect the optics to be any better than a Zeiss Conquest or a Leupold LR, I have all three and morning and evening brightness is Zeiss, Leupold and NF in that order with Zeiss being the brightest.

I question Zeiss' ruggedness. I had the Conquest 4.5-14x44mm with the rapid Z 800 reticle on my 300 RUM for a year. Until the internals fell apart and were rolling around in the scope tube for no apparent reason. Zeiss sent me a new one and I sold it and bought a Leupold Mark 4. Zeiss is clear and bright. But if it isn't rugged and reliable, what good is it? I'll never buy another.

lots of good info guys I thank you all a lot!!! on my vx3 6.5-20 LR ..whats a good reticle to put in it for long range shooting (out to 1200 yards)? and will other companys put theres in scopes that are not made by them?

You guys are paying WAY to much for your Leupold MK 4's. I see you can buy Leupold MK 4 style scopes for under $200.00 on Ebay!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.