Night hunting question.. not for the thermal users.

I'm in TX, am older and need the brightest lights possible. But want them to come on slowly so not to scare them. I kill tons on hogs on my deer feeders.
Buy a solar powered LED yard light. They stay on dim all night, then when the sensor is triggered they get brighter. Animals get used to the light. Also don't just put corn out the same night you hunt. Pour a pile of it on the ground a few days before. You can also use a posthole digger and put corn in the ground to make them dig for it.
60W Endurance Solar Street Light (6000 Lumens)

Last edited:
We've shot hogs in complete darkness (against light colored soil), with the Trijicon Accupoints, their reticles are just perfect for night time, especially the small mildots. Am about to experiment with Swarovski Z5i and Leica Magnus, and am expecting them to "see" better in the dark than the Trijicon.
Also have a cheaper Pulsar Thermal, but it ruins your night vision. You can spot pretty much anything though.

I'm in TX, am older and need the brightest lights possible. But want them to come on slowly so not to scare them. I kill tons on hogs on my deer feeders.
My light is exactly what you're looking for. I have videos on my homepage that show the gradual brightening of the light. The hogs don't need to get used to my light. The hogs are lit up like daytime. You'll see them clearly through your day scope. I can put corn out anywhere and successfully hunt that same night.
Go here for the videos: Hogfader.com
Use coupon code FB10 for 10% OFF

Last edited:
We've shot hogs in complete darkness (against light colored soil), with the Trijicon Accupoints, their reticles are just perfect for night time, especially the small mildots. Am about to experiment with Swarovski Z5i and Leica Magnus, and am expecting them to "see" better in the dark than the Trijicon.
Also have a cheaper Pulsar Thermal, but it ruins your night vision. You can spot pretty much anything though.
To not loose your night vision and if your Pulsar Thermal has Bluetooth, use your phone to view the thermal. You can turn the phone illumination very, very dim.