NF SHV vs Trijicon Tenmile

I have had a couple shv's and picked up a Tenmile last year and just grabbed another one.

Zero stop goes to the Tenmile hands down. Never got on board with the price of the SHV and the "zeroset".

Glass I would say goes to the tenmile. I was pretty impressed by the first one and the second seems to be the same.

Illumination Tenmile hands down, it's better and you're not having to pay extra for it like in the SHV. I always have preferred green illumination over red and the TM gives you the option of both.

Turrets aren't good on either so kinda a wash there.

Side by side, same price I'm taking the Tenmile.

I have had a couple shv's and picked up a Tenmile last year and just grabbed another one.

Zero stop goes to the Tenmile hands down. Never got on board with the price of the SHV and the "zeroset".

Glass I would say goes to the tenmile. I was pretty impressed by the first one and the second seems to be the same.

Illumination Tenmile hands down, it's better and you're not having to pay extra for it like in the SHV. I always have preferred green illumination over red and the TM gives you the option of both.

Turrets aren't good on either so kinda a wash there.

Side by side, same price I'm taking the Tenmile.
Thanks, this is very useful.

Trijicon just did a free Tenmile scope if you purchased a night vision scope. I have two 5x25 Tenmile scopes and really like them. The one I have coming from their offer is the SFP, MOA, HX 3-14x44.
I would put the tenmile scope up against the night force NX8. So far my turret returned to zero and track 98%.

Trijicon just did a free Tenmile scope if you purchased a night vision scope. I have two 5x25 Tenmile scopes and really like them. The one I have coming from their offer is the SFP, MOA, HX 3-14x44.
I would put the tenmile scope up against the night force NX8. So far my turret returned to zero and track 98%.
Thanks!!

Looking for opinions between these two scopes for hunting. I own an SHV 5-20x with exposed turrets and I like it, never used or seen a Tenmile in the wild. If you have first hand experience with Trijicon I'd like to hear it. Thanks.
I have an SHV 4-20x56 Illuminated MOAR it's ok good glass but the turrets leave much to be desired. I recently bought a Trijicon Tenmile on sale and was going to return it until a buddy bought it for what I paid. I didn't like the glass maybe I got one that wasn't typical IDK but my cheaper Chinese Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50s and Ares BTRs were definitely clearer than the Tenmile I recently bought. The SHV was night and day clearer than the Tenmile.

I also recently bought and received 2 new Arken EP5 scopes early this month and several EPL4s and the EP5s were neck and neck if not slightly clearer than the Tenmile also but not as clear as the SHV almost but not quite there. I was extremely surprised how much better the glass is in the newest Arken EP5's compared to the older ones a year or two ago that really sucked and weren't clear past 20x but these new ones are unbelievably clear even at their maximum 25x magnification. What I especially like are their really huge eyeboxes and FOV is simply outstanding. Way better than the Tract Toric ELR and Athlon Cronus and Tenmile. The wow factor almost equals the first Razor Gen 3 I bought compared to all of my other scopes. May sound like typical shilling for Arken but man the new EP5s are totally unreal wow. I paid for both of them with my own money as everyone else who aren't shills does and am so far very happy with them and am definitely going to be buying more of them instead of the typical Japan made $1000-$2000 scopes I have been buying in the past. The really huge eyebox and FOV really does it for me. Not to mention their unbelievable turrets and extremely simple zero stop too. I actually prefer them and makes my SHV feel really cheap by comparison.

I have an SHV 4-20x56 Illuminated MOAR it's ok good glass but the turrets leave much to be desired. I recently bought a Trijicon Tenmile on sale and was going to return it until a buddy bought it for what I paid. I didn't like the glass maybe I got one that wasn't typical IDK but my cheaper Chinese Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50s and Ares BTRs were definitely clearer than the Tenmile I recently bought. The SHV was night and day clearer than the Tenmile.

I also recently bought and received 2 new Arken EP5 scopes early this month and several EPL4s and the EP5s were neck and neck if not slightly clearer than the Tenmile also but not as clear as the SHV almost but not quite there. I was extremely surprised how much better the glass is in the newest Arken EP5's compared to the older ones a year or two ago that really sucked and weren't clear past 20x but these new ones are unbelievably clear even at their maximum 25x magnification. What I especially like are their really huge eyeboxes and FOV is simply outstanding. Way better than the Tract Toric ELR and Athlon Cronus and Tenmile. The wow factor almost equals the first Razor Gen 3 I bought compared to all of my other scopes. May sound like typical shilling for Arken but man the new EP5s are totally unreal wow. I paid for both of them with my own money as everyone else who aren't shills does and am so far very happy with them and am definitely going to be buying more of them instead of the typical Japan made $1000-$2000 scopes I have been buying in the past. The really huge eyebox and FOV really does it for me. Not to mention their unbelievable turrets and extremely simple zero stop too. I actually prefer them and makes my SHV feel really cheap by comparison.
Thanks!!

they are both tough durable scopes. between those two magnifications' i would go tenmile if for no other reason you can grab one in ffp. In a hunting situation maybe you forget that you changed magnification a bit and you've gotta use the reticle instead of dial and shoot way over your target.

I have the 4-14x56 shv and a few 3-10's. i just picked up a tenmile 3-18x44 ffp. i havent' had a chance to shoot with the tenmile yet but messing with it around the house i like it. the eyebox at max magnification isn't as forgiving as my SHVs imo, but it's good enough and should be a great scope. I may pick up a second tenmile while OP has them on sale...

Beware when buying USED Trijicon scopes because the warranty does not carry over to a second owner. The warranty is only for original owner with original proof of purchase receipt that registered the product within a specified time with Trijicon.

I contacted Trijicon just this past week to inquire about the Warranty on a used Tenmile 4.5-30x56 SFP with red/green Illumination recently posted in the classifieds for $1000. Trijicon replied warranty applies only to the original owner who registered their Trijicon product within the certain time frame and discontinued models may no longer carry any warranty nor product support. Electronics (Illumination for the reticle) only have a 5 year warranty from DATE OF MANUFACTURE they check actual age via serial numbers and not date of actual purchase and they may not repair the electronics past their 5 year warranty.

This warranty sounds just like SIGs.

I cannot find that scope in SFP on their website. Are you sure it is not FFP?

I have both of those scopes you won't regret it. They are the best bang for the buck.
Sigh of relief, i've been search to no end on the quality of these. Mostly seen nothing but positive reviews but it's like people just don't know about them. What would you compare them to glass wise?