Trijicon tenmile vs nightforce nx8

How do you like the MOART reticle? Is it to thin to pick up animals at first and last light?
It is my favorite NF reticle. Before I bought the Atacr, I called NF and asked them to put the Moart-T in my NX8- they don't offer that reticle in that scope.

Thanks. Don't mean to derail the thread. Always wondered about that reticle. Was worried it may be to thin for general hunting. Not long range, but animals out to 600 yds or closer in low light.
That elk in my avatar was taken at 750ish later in the afternoon with a NXS an MOART reticle. I never had an issue with being able to see it, but that is me.

I have both the NX8 and TenMile and both are great scopes. They both dial and RTZ very reliably. Mounted in quality rings, they never lose zero. I like the glass, eye box and reticle better on the Trijicon. I like the Zero Stop better on the NX8. At the end of the day, they are both solid scopes and will serve you well. Not a bad choice between them.

Barbourcreek, has several videos and reviews on the Trijicon. I have one and am very pleased. I just put together a LR hunting rifle and the 3-18 is what I went with. It checked the most boxes for me at the time. I do believe the tenmile is under mentioned/ reviewed. I'm starting a new build now and I'll be hard pressed to divorce Trijicon.

Beware of incoming opinion: FFP is worth trying. I'm a fan boy now...

Best of luck!

HW

What's the weight on that 10 mile?
The 10 mile 4.5-30 are 36 oz. The NX8 4-32 are I believe are 28 oz. I've shot behind both. The both are pretty close. If they're close I'd pick the NX8. I have several and they are tough and dependable. I know the 10 mile tracks well at least the one I shot did. Optics are about the same. NX8 has the black thing going on but if you shoot right and put your eye where it's suppose to be then it's not a problem.