NF adding a new SHV

megastink

Called NF yesterday with some questions about the SHV line. They said that if I could wait a little longer, that they're adding a 4-14x50mm FFP scope to the SHV line. Thought you'd all like to know. I think I'll be buying that one!

Reviews on other sites from those with these in hand for testing already have been very good so far.

Testers are reporting the specs are going to be F1 scopes with MIL-R/MIL turrets & MOAR with MOA turrets, illuminated and adjustable parallax.

MSRP reported as $1250.

No release date mentioned yet, however some are reporting an announcement from NF around December 15th.

I think this will be a great option for the hunter and tactical shooter.

I have a couple rifles that can really beef up their options with the addition of this scope. I'll be in for a couple of them.

Its more options for those in the FFP mid market. It makes sense to do it. I wonder how long before Burris starts making its XTR II in SFP.

I'm tagging in, hoping somebody posts up when NF makes an official announcement. I had heard about this a few weeks back and was hoping for a 4-16x50. Also hope it's closer to 20 ounces than 30 ounces. Would have to be a sweet scope to abandon my 3-18x50 VX6...

Thanks for the tip strutnut. Looks like a nice affordable option but too heavy in my opinion for a hunting rifle. Frank Galli mentions that NF was targeting the "hunter" side of SHV with the 14x magnification, which I agree with, but I still think NF is missing the boat by making a hunting scope so heavy. I've never had any problems with durability on the lighter scopes I own.

Anyways, great to see another option in a mid level scope, but I know lots of guys will pass on this scope just on weight alone.

I have three new kimbers that are in need of scopes, but these are just too heavy. I wish they were around 20oz and not 30. I like everything about these except the weight. I love the turrets on these scopes. They have a cap, but it removed easy and is perfect for twisting and turning to dial in different yardages.
My question is.....wouldnt it have been a lot lighter to make it in 2nd focal instead of 1st?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.