Which Rings, NF SHV

mfloski

Leupold Mark 4 30mm rings:

Ring Height: 30mm Tube (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube)

Medium: . 2405"
High: .4525"
Super-High: .7925"

Which for a NF SHV 5.5-20x56?

It depends on the barrel contour and the rail height.
I got away with nightforce lows on a 15 moa rail and a #4 bartlein but not much clearance for scope cover.
Also had nightforce lows on warne mounts on a nosler rifle with very thin barrel (#2ish) but again not much clearance.

I have the scope mounted in talley med on a cooper rifle now and there is maybe 1/16th clearance and those rings are .5 from the action to the bottom of the ring.

A total above action of .600 to bottom of ring including rail will allow enough room for butler creek or scope coat type cover on most hunting contours. In your case I would say you need the mediums unless your rail is really thick or you have a bull/straight barrel

hope that helps a little.

Leupold Mark 4 30mm rings:

Ring Height: 30mm Tube (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube)

Medium: . 2405"
High: .4525"
Super-High: .7925"

Which for a NF SHV 5.5-20x56?

Not meaning to hijack but I have a set of superhigh steel mark v rings woplastic package that I would consider any reasonable offer for. PM if interested. Condition is used but good.

Shoot straight

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts