Next step help

JD250

Hey guys I'm pretty new to reloading and am trying to work up a load for my new 30 nosler. I loaded up 5 different charges with retumbo and a 210 berger vld and a cci 250. I shot today and got decent results but I don't really know where to go next? When do I start playing with seating depth? Changing primers? When should I be satisfied with my results? I'll post my target up so you can see and hopefully some of you guys can give me some pointers as to where to go next. I feel like this gun should shoot really well if I do my part it's a defiance action 26" proof ag composite stock built by a very good smith. So just looking for some advice and guidance as to where I should go next in my reloading process to be as efficient as possible.
Thanks in advance.
4A747CC6-208B-4BBE-A7E5-80C8A5127748.jpeg

I feel like my best groups were 83 and 83.3gn the bad shot could have been me… do I reload those wad try again? Do I load in .1 increments from 83-83.4 and see what happens? Is it good enough to start playing with seating depth? I'm shooting right up on the lands right now and I've read that bergers like some jump should I move out to 20 thou off?

If you have no pressure signs at 83.3 I would do a seating depth test there. However don't expect to much before your brass and barrel have settled in. Looks like it is going to be a shooter.
Yeah I have no pressure signs at all at 83.3 I've seen guys post loads over 84 before they started seeing pressure but I didn't want to go that high yet being new reloading and what not.

For a cartridge that uses that much powder, stepping in 0.4 grain is a good choice. I would try one more charge weight higher and 3 more charge weights lower. That way you'll have a pretty good idea of what it thinks about that bullet/powder combo. Don't change your scope setting from what you did and what you're going to do.

I like to look at where the groups are located with respect to the aiming spot. 82.0 and 82.3 look like they might have had the same POI if you hadn't adjusted the scope.

For a cartridge that uses that much powder, stepping in 0.4 grain is a good choice. I would try one more charge weight higher and 3 more charge weights lower. That way you'll have a pretty good idea of what it thinks about that bullet/powder combo. Don't change your scope setting from what you did and what you're going to do.

I like to look at where the groups are located with respect to the aiming spot. 82.0 and 82.3 look like they might have had the same POI if you hadn't adjusted the scope.
Yeah I adjusted the scope because I was concerned when I shot the lower targets I wasn't going to be on the paper I know that's not a good idea should have just set up more paper. What am I looking for with the point of impact on those two? Just the fact that they are similar?

A case that large does not require a . 1 gr powder increments. I use . 5 increments on any thing over 70 grs. You will make more headway doing a seating depth test. And don't do small increments. I do . 025 and only after I have hit the sweet spot do I test up or down. 005 one time. In a case that large you are not in a good node if . 1 grain of powder or .001 seating depth puts you out of your node.

A case that large does not require a . 1 gr powder increments. I use . 5 increments on any thing over 70 grs. You will make more headway doing a seating depth test. And don't do small increments. I do . 025 and only after I have hit the sweet spot do I test up or down. 005 one time. In a case that large you are not in a good node if . 1 grain of powder or .001 seating depth puts you out of your node.
So you just pick a starting load then go straight to seating depth adjustments the adjust the charge up and down from there? Isn't that the same thing I'm doin just in a reverse order? Or will I see bigger differences in seating depth than charge weight?