New Vortex Razor HD LHT VS Leupold VX5 HD

Same here brother hope your day gets better. I know someone who is very fond of his Marches. I have been scared away by reports of extremely fussy parallax. Thanks for the extra info, were your leupolds the zl2 turret models?
The VX5's were but the VX6 was not. I have also heard that about March but I have 3 of them now and have not had a problem with them.

In short the leupolds do not track correctly on the box test so they were not acceptable to shoot at 1000 yards and my last VX5 I could not get to hold zero which is a shame because I liked the glass better than the Razors and they are much lighter for my hunting rifles. The Razor to me is overpriced for the glass quality and the last one I had I could never get zeroed. I switched it out with a March and the gun shoots perfectly now. I also had premature finish ware on the vortex. The other one I never could get the parallax set and the scope focused at the same time and it also did not track as it should have. I can't remember how far it was off on a 100 yd box test now but it was more than I was comfortable with. As for posting pics of my guns on here I guess I thought that's what this forum was for but I guess it makes me an ******* instead. I come here for knowledge and honest opinions and to see ideas for new builds so I guess I thought others might too. Having a rough day at work so sorry if I offended anyone I'm just cranky today. The bottomline though is that if you can afford it the March 2.5-25 is a far better option on every aspect a d is light enough for a hunting scope. I like my ATACR's too but not if I am carrying the rifle far.

Thanks, Al
I also have the parallax/focus issue on 2 NXS's(got rid of) but don't have it on another NSX or the ATACR. I do not have that issue on any other scope. I also don't like the way the whole eyepiece rotate when you change the power on the NF, and the weight. Nice looking safe !

I also have the parallax/focus issue on 2 NXS's(got rid of) but don't have it on another NSX or the ATACR. I do not have that issue on any other scope. I also don't like the way the whole eyepiece rotate when you change the power on the NF, and the weight. Nice looking safe !
Yeah that eyepiece bugs me too. I haven't had any parallax issues on my 2 NXS or my Atacr's though.

Ever have any problems with rain with your NF or March? I had an nxs in the rain and I'm talking NW Oregon. After 3 minutes I couldn't see a thing, it was like someone threw oil on my lens. Hunt over. I know NF and March don't have hydrophobic coatings on the exterior like leupold. I think vortex does too. I have the March and love it but I'd be nervous if I got a good downpour in the fall like I did with the NF. I don't like leupold because of reasons mentioned. But when it rains you can still see. Haven't owned vortex yet.

Ever have any problems with rain with your NF or March? I had an nxs in the rain and I'm talking NW Oregon. After 3 minutes I couldn't see a thing, it was like someone threw oil on my lens. Hunt over. I know NF and March don't have hydrophobic coatings on the exterior like leupold. I think vortex does too. I have the March and love it but I'd be nervous if I got a good downpour in the fall like I did with the NF. I don't like leupold because of reasons mentioned. But when it rains you can still see. Haven't owned vortex yet.
I have Aadland scope caps on mine and have never got them wet so I'm not sure on that.

I've owned several NF, VX6, VX6HD, March 2.5-25 and several Vortex HD LH. My only real complaint with any was the March was optically inferior. Sent it back to Dion and they checked and adjusted everything and it still wasn't as sharp as others. Mechanically awesome....

For you guys who owned the March and had the parallax issue, did March address and fix the issue for you?
I'm on the fence for a new scope right now. I was looking at the VX5 and the LHT, but am not sure now. I'd like to keep weight down, but it's not a deal breaker.

For you guys who owned the March and had the parallax issue, did March address and fix the issue for you?
I'm on the fence for a new scope right now. I was looking at the VX5 and the LHT, but am not sure now. I'd like to keep weight down, but it's not a deal breaker.
The issue was caused by improper focusing of the diopter adjustment. If focused properly at 25 feet on a brightly lit white wall with the paralax set at infinity and the scope on max power the issue was fixed. I have 3 March scopes now and all perform as advertised after being properly adjusted. Had the same issue with an ATACR 7-35 and fixed it the same way.

I've owned several NF, VX6, VX6HD, March 2.5-25 and several Vortex HD LH. My only real complaint with any was the March was optically inferior. Sent it back to Dion and they checked and adjusted everything and it still wasn't as sharp as others. Mechanically awesome....
I disagree with this especially with the high master march glass. All of mine are every bit as good as the Leupolds or my ATACR'S at least for my eyes.

The issue was caused by improper focusing of the diopter adjustment. If focused properly at 25 feet on a brightly lit white wall with the paralax set at infinity and the scope on max power the issue was fixed. I have 3 March scopes now and all perform as advertised after being properly adjusted. Had the same issue with an ATACR 7-35 and fixed it the same way.

Copy. Thanks for the reply.

Any updates/comparisons between the Vortex LHT and the Leupold VX5

I just bought a 3-15 LHT...and I'm un-impressed

I like how light it is
The image is edge to edge (no tunneling)
And it's very bright at dusk
But...

But it's blurry on the edges, along with a rolling image on the edges (fisheye?)
And yes I focused the scope...

None of my VX3's or any of my mid-range Sightron's have that.

Do any of your VX5's have blurry images, or the dreaded fish eye, on the edges?

Thanks

Any updates/comparisons between the Vortex LHT and the Leupold VX5

I just bought a 3-15 LHT...and I'm un-impressed

I like how light it is
The image is edge to edge (no tunneling)
And it's very bright at dusk
But...

But it's blurry on the edges, along with a rolling image on the edges (fisheye?)
And yes I focused the scope...

None of my VX3's or any of my mid-range Sightron's have that.

Do any of your VX5's have blurry images, or the dreaded fish eye, on the edges?

Thanks
My VX5HD 3-15X44 HTMR is one of my favorite hunting scopes. The glass is plain sweet! No fish eye or edge distortion I can detect. Parallax adjustment is superb. Tracking is spot on with the elevation turret positive felt clicks, not audible. I can do an accurate shot inventory on steel plates at 1 mile. CDS dial I sent in proved to be really accurate to 800yds. (Within 1/10th mil)

The cons are:
The windage turret is mushy. Not a huge deal for me since I'm not dialing wind on this. Set it once and forget it.

This one is probably subjective to my unique case and gun, but...
The scope body is a little restrictive ahead of the turret. I managed to get proper eye relief but the scope objective sits farther back on my Savage 110 HC 300 WM. I had to dremel off the extended portion of my 20 MOA rail for clearance of the objective.