New to the LRH Forum: AG Composites Custom Stocks

I am in the market for stock. Borden alpine magnum with hawkin bdl bottom metal and krieger number 3 sporter barrel. I didn't see Borden actions listed?
Give us a call. We can inlet the stock for Rem, 700 with a side bolt release notch. The Borden actions are one of the actions that are almost identical to a Rem 700 footprint. I believe the ejection port is a little longer on the Borden Alpine.

Last edited:
Love my AG...

Attachments

• 20221118_131541.jpg
    20221118_131541.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 51
Give us a call. We can inlet the stock for Rem, 700 with a side bolt release notch. The Borden actions are one of the actions that are almost identical to a Rem 700 footprint.
I think besides the bolt stop/release the Borden has a straight bolt instead of the swept bolt handle of the 700 also I don't know if the trigger hanger requires clearance/inletting. I have heard that your short action bdl bottom metal stocks are already cut for the long Wyatt box. Thanks for the response. I will call AG.

This year, I purchased two of the AG Adjustable Armor, the fit and finish are excellent, no bedding is required. I will be ordering more in the near future and I have noticed you have added more items for the stock, the new arca rail you have versus the old one you had been using looks like an improvement.

Hi Everyone!

Right off the bat, thanks for reading. We are AG Composites, a new sponsor of the LRH forums, and we're glad to be here. Long story short, we're a custom fiberglass and carbon fiber rifle stock manufacturer. We're a veteran-owned business and we employ about 50 people in a rural town in Alabama. Our products are 100% designed and built in the US. Quality and durability are the leading considerations for the stocks that we produce.

The modern hunter has some great options when selecting a custom rifle stock. We readily admit that we're not the only builder of great quality rifle stocks, and we're glad that's the case. Good competition drives innovation. There are two or three other noteworthy players in our market sector, and we respect them and what they do.

So, what makes us different?
  • We offer options that others don't. And they offer a few we don't. We suggest looking hard at all options before investing in a product that will outlive the buyer. Between carbon and fiberglass, stock models, paint and camo patterns, inlets, etc., we have a staggering number of options available. And we're adding more every year.

• Price point advantages due to economies of scale. We are the largest producer of carbon fiber rifle stocks in the world, and that doesn't include our fiberglass line. Because our staff and production lines are so robust, we are extremely cost-competitive without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.

• Lead times. Of course, we're subject to the ebb and flow of market demand, just like our competitors, but our massive investment in equipment and people has given us the capacity to work through order surpluses faster than most. We can't promise that we'll always beat our competitors' delivery times, but on average, we deliver faster on custom orders than anyone else.
Some of our people have been on the Long Range Hunting forum for years, but this year we decided that it's time we support the forum as a manufacturer sponsor, and we're happy to be here. We're here to chat. We're here to learn what's important to you as rifle hunters. We're here to answer questions, and we're here to educate anyone that's curious about custom rifle stocks. We don't claim to know everything about long range hunting, but we know a great deal about manufacturing the finest rifle stocks money can buy.

We're just kicking off a new blog, beginning with a few articles that cover the basics. As time goes on, we'll begin getting more specific. And we're open to topic suggestions based on what readers think is most pertinent. We'll post those blog articles as they go live.

If you're so inclined, check out our site. If it's been a few years since you've visited, the site got a facelift recently, and there are more options now than ever before. The stock builder tool has been improved, too. https://www.agcomposites.com/

Thanks for reading. We look forward to hearing from you!

- AG Composites TeamView attachment 543443
I have done up 1o long range rifles for hunters up here and they all love your stocks