New to reloading question.

Quickload is way way more accurate than reloading guides. You can input datapoints that the books don't account for. More data in means better data out. My 68.9 go load was 68.8 on quick load. As a reference the Hornady book stated a red letter max load of 60.4.
Books are worthless. Completely worthless

I'm just curious; what brand and type of press and die sets are you using? I use the Lee turret press with 4 hole inserts, a lee and an RCBS balance scale, Lyman powder measure and a mixture of Lee and RCBS dies, depending on the round I'm reloading. I also have a Lyman electronic pocket scale. My priming tool is made by Lee, too. My case trimming tools and mandrels are made by Lee and my case prep tools are Lyman.

The guy in the shop also sold me a kenetic hammer, are these 100% safe if used properly ? I'm starting to think about opening all the rounds and start off with really low loads again and showing yous the pictures.
I've taken apart hundreds of rounds with a kinetic hammer to use the brass or the bullets in another load. Yes they are safe. Enjoy your reloading. I find it relaxing most of the time.

Quickload is way way more accurate than reloading guides. You can input datapoints that the books don't account for. More data in means better data out. My 68.9 go load was 68.8 on quick load. As a reference the Hornady book stated a red letter max load of 60.4.
Books are worthless. Completely worthless
Actually, the books are quite useful. Most of them will publish either the Pizo-electric pressure average generated by a load or the average Copper Units of Pressure generated by a load. An example would be the Hodgden's manual 2019 Annual (I get one every year) showing a maximum load of BLC(2) of 47.5gr. with a Hornady SP 165 grain bullet, using Winchester LR primers, and Winchester casings, generating 49,700 CUP average. SAAMI lists this round's MAP as 52,000 CUP or 62,000 PSI. The manual(s) also note (all of them) that changing bullet brands/types, primer brands or casing manufacturers changes pressure results, which is why one starts at least 2.5 grains under the max charge when one does this. Please note, this is the powder manufacturer who is putting out the pressure information, and Hodgdon's has much better equipment for determining safe loads and measuring average pressures than nearly all of us do. If Hornaday limited a charge with its propriatory bullet, believe me Hornaday has good reason to do it. Also keep in mind that not all 165 grain bullets are equal where pressure generation is concerned. Barnes bullets generally have a separate section in the Lyman, Lee and Hodgden manuals. That's because they have a longer shank and are a mono bullet. They generate higher pressures due to having a larger area in contact with the bore of the rifle. The books are made by people who have the equipment to test the loads and see what is within a margin of safety for your cartridge. They're trying to keep you from being called nine-finger or one-eye. They may be overly careful with some loads, but they're mostly giving data that's very close to SAAMI maximums, and you should heed them. Rifles are expensive to replace, and fingers, arms and eyes can't be at this time. And your load is fine so go shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.