new to here

270MAN

new to the site love to shoot and hunt just looking for new things to try.not to much on here about the 270win.????? any input on that?

new to the site love to shoot and hunt just looking for new things to try.not to much on here about the 270win.????? any input on that?

I'm proud owner of some 270's. 100 gr vaporize small animals when pushed out at over 3600 fps. The 140 and 150 spbt are good for anything in the lower 48. I even shoot 168 VLD's out of my target gun.

I have found the 110, 115, and 120 HPBTs or SPBT are very good for limiting the South Dakota PDog problem.

I like .277 because of pretty good BC with a good balance of foot pounds of energy and lack of recoil. MY 6X24 56mm with harris bypod has been all over the US

270a.jpg

Last edited:
ya love my 270 used the new hordy 139gr sst superform this year when i went to MT loved the resalts whitetail at 300yds droped him and my dad used it on a mule deer at 414yds it was beded and it never got up great stuff hope to reload some stuff for it next year i hunt in PA not muck long range stuff would love to get in to some of that, but like to play with loads for diff guns

Proud owner of over 6 270s over the years. Parted with some, kept and customized others. My go to rifle cal for 75% of my hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.