• 6 mm

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 7mm-08

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hikeandhaul

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I'm new obviously to the forum but I wouldn't say a newbie to long rang hunting or shooting. Anyways, I want to say how excited I am to be part of the forum and introduce myself. I am a hunter and conservationist. I've hunted with bow and rifle but lately more into the rifle scene. I've taken a long range shooting class or two and love the content and decided to dive deeper into its possibilities. I've taken mule and white deer on multiple occasions and hunted elk for the past 5 years (close but unsuccessful). It's fair to say that hunting is not the same as just shooting and I'm building those skills and abilities as well. I'm just a normal guy who enjoys the outdoors. I am a reloader as well.

Right now I'd say I'm a magnum guy for sure lol! I only have a few short actions but yes I do own a 6.5 creedmore, although I've never officially shot with it I do have one. I mostly hunt with 300 win mag and 270 win. I've found at terminal distances with the right bullets they are very effective. I can see maybe getting into the short actions one day but for now hunting I'm about the terminal effect. I'll learn one day; yes I understand about the numbers and energy transfer short action vs long action. I think these are great discussions. Anyways, I hope to do some prs or long range shooting competition one day. Always up for a great conversation. Glad to meet everyone and cheers!

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I'm new obviously to the forum but I wouldn't say a newbie to long rang hunting or shooting. Anyways, I want to say how excited I am to be part of the forum and introduce myself. I am a hunter and conservationist. I've hunted with bow and rifle but lately more into the rifle scene. I've taken a long range shooting class or two and love the content and decided to dive deeper into its possibilities. I've taken mule and white deer on multiple occasions and hunted elk for the past 5 years (close but unsuccessful). It's fair to say that hunting is not the same as just shooting and I'm building those skills and abilities as well. I'm just a normal guy who enjoys the outdoors. I am a reloader as well.

Right now I'd say I'm a magnum guy for sure lol! I only have a few short actions but yes I do own a 6.5 creedmore, although I've never officially shot with it I do have one. I mostly hunt with 300 win mag and 270 win. I've found at terminal distances with the right bullets they are very effective. I can see maybe getting into the short actions one day but for now hunting I'm about the terminal effect. I'll learn one day; yes I understand about the numbers and energy transfer short action vs long action. I think these are great discussions. Anyways, I hope to do some prs or long range shooting competition one day. Always up for a great conversation. Glad to meet everyone and cheers!
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee ,of the calibers listed above i have only hunted with the 6 mm it is my coyote rig.
IMG_4043.jpeg