New stock

devildogg

Does anyone have any advice on a rifle stock I have a Hollands signature series stock on my rifle right now and it just doesn't fit. I ordered a hs precision pss045 mountain ranger and it was to small my pinky would fall off the pistol grip. I sent that one back and they are sending me another hs precision pss003 I ordered it from stockys stocks and they are good about returning them so if I don't like this one it will go back to. I looked at a McMillan htg and kinda liked it does any one have any advice I want something that is not clunky and some thing I can shoot running shots with. Thanks for reading

Thanks woody I'm just not wanting a stock like that I'm kinda want a more traditional sporter but I seen a lot of posts with the McMillan htg stock and a lot of people say they have to low of comb and cannot get propped eye alignment but when they post pics they have 50 objective scopes and rings on top of a 20mm one piece base. So is that the reason these guys are saying these stocks have a bad eye alignment.

Thanks woody I'm just not wanting a stock like that I'm kinda want a more traditional sporter but I seen a lot of posts with the McMillan htg stock and a lot of people say they have to low of comb and cannot get propped eye alignment but when they post pics they have 50 objective scopes and rings on top of a 20mm one piece base. So is that the reason these guys are saying these stocks have a bad eye alignment.

That probably has a big part of the problem with proper eye alignment but that can be easily fixed with a karsten or Defensive edge cheek piece (Len sells these in the LRH store). I have a 50 mm objective on the the gun that sits in the stock I mentioned and have gotten along pretty well.
Sometime in the future it will probably get a DE cheek piece.

If you are right handed this is it.

Precision Stock Works | Custom Rifle Stocks

Awesome for running shots too, originally made for prone, but I like it offhand. McMillan makes it for them. Great quality and design. I sold my HS precision stocks as the palm swell and my finger hardly could get to the trigger? This stock has the feel of pulling up a Ruger No. 1, which shoulder very well.

Very similar feel. Check their video out.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.