New scope

JONFIVE

I am buying a new scope and have it down to two scopes
Kahles k525i 5x25x56 and
Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56
How does the glass compare between the two what about
Toughness/ durability and does one have better tracking/ turets than the other. please let me know if you have actually had experience with these two
Pros and cons of each

Thanks in advance

I've only played around with the Kahles so I don't have any real world experience but I do have the ATACR and really enjoy that scope.

FFP ATACR F1? Or SFP ATACR?
I had a K624i gen 3 for a couple years, and have a K525i in my safe.

I think glass is a wash. Pick the reticle you like better and run it.

Kahles k525i 5x25x56 and
Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56
Toughness/ durability and does one have better tracking/ turets than the other. please let me know if you have actually had experience with these two
Pros and cons of each

Thanks in advance
I suggest you look at Barska scopes instead of Kahles or Nightforce. After all, anyone who doesn't know how to describe a scope properly should not be spending good money on one.

The fact you wrote 5X25X56, twice, shows you know nothing about optics and should take up knitting or stay with iron sights. There's nothing wrong with iron sights.

I suggest you look at Barska scopes instead of Kahles or Nightforce. After all, anyone who doesn't know how to describe a scope properly should not be spending good money on one.

The fact you wrote 5X25X56, twice, shows you know nothing about optics and should take up knitting or stay with iron sights. There's nothing wrong with iron sights.
Holy smokes FTRshooter, everything ok at home? Quality optics are only for the elite shooters like yourself? Maybe you should have to pass a test, get a sponsor, and recite the creed? Is there a law that says you can't knit and partake in shooting sports? Do you have a big ol truck with an even bigger lift and tires that don't fit in the wheel wells? Tuned exhaust? Yellow? Stickers all over the back window? Duck call lanyard with 4 acrylic calls and 20 bands you never shot? Just curious.

Quintus thanks for your reply but no worries thats what makes this country great everyone is entitled to their opinion even FTRshooter

Since you just joined on Jan 10, now would be a great time to cancel yourself, create a new name, and start the heck over with a respective attitude.

Kahles k525i 5x25x56 and
Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56
Pros and cons of each

Thanks in advance
Kahles. Lots of experience with both.

Yep, he got me. I have nephew with a bunch of little d-bag buddies just like FTRshooter, except they are actually like that. Of course they have never actually shot at something more than 100 yards away, but man they have seen every youtube video out there. They will tell you exactly what to do and how to do it, and one day they might actually try it themselves. Wuudayagonna do, you know?

Kahles k525i 5x25x56 and
Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56
Pros and cons of each

Thanks in advance
Not sure if this will help u JONFIVE but either will probably serve u well.
While I have zero experience with Kahles I do own a couple Swarovski X5i's and an ATACR.
Since I believe Kahles is a first cousin to Swarovski ( I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) I think either will be fine.

Both the ATACR and the X5i track well.
Both have proven to be quite rugged.
The ATACR has more dial up.
The X5i has far better glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts