New scope

I am buying a new scope and have it down to two scopes
Kahles k525i 5x25x56 and
Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56
How does the glass compare between the two what about
Toughness/ durability and does one have better tracking/ turets than the other. please let me know if you have actually had experience with these two
Pros and cons of each

Thanks in advance
March is better than both period.

I knew exactly what scope was mentioned. I don't care if he put an x or a dash everyone on this site knew it was a 5 to 25 power. I like my 300 wizzum and my 257roy and the 257bob. Everybody knows what they are even if the terminology is wrong. And why do long range scopes have to be expensive to be considered long range equipment. My friend won the 1000 yd world open with a 100 dollar simmons. I've shot lots of 5 inch groups at 1000 yd at 15 power. I would think any decent 3-15 or 4-16 would get it done. I personally like the 36x24x36 models best.
Shep
You like boxes? Good for you.

I knew exactly what scope was mentioned. I don't care if he put an x or a dash everyone on this site knew it was a 5 to 25 power. I like my 300 wizzum and my 257roy and the 257bob. Everybody knows what they are even if the terminology is wrong. And why do long range scopes have to be expensive to be considered long range equipment. My friend won the 1000 yd world open with a 100 dollar simmons. I've shot lots of 5 inch groups at 1000 yd at 15 power. I would think any decent 3-15 or 4-16 would get it done. I personally like the 36x24x36 models best.
Shep
I'll take "Things that never happened for $1000, Alex."

Were those fictional groups 1-shot groups?

ETA: I have the monthly 1000 yard match in the morning. I'll come back here after that and we can discuss this further.

Last edited:
If you look at the specs for the K525i compared to the ATACAR 5-25X56 F1, you will see that the Kahles is somewhat lighter and shorter than the ATACAR and that its minimum focus distance is 20 meters compared to 45 yards for the ATACAR.

The ATACAR has substantially more elevation range than the Kahles, which is surprising as they both have 34mm tubes. The glass in the ATACAR is HD, but I cannot find any information on the glass of the Kahles at their website.

I know of several shooters on the line who have Kahles, the K1050i model, and they like them, but the glass is underwhelming.
I believe sir that you mean ATACR instead of ATACAR.
Who makes an ATACAR?

Ftr so now your calling people liars. So come to williamsport pa and bring your money. I've actually shot 10 shots in 3 inches during a match. Thing is I don't lie or fudge the truth and all my groups can be looked up on the williamsport website.
Shep

Good luck at you match tomorrow FTRshooter. If indeed you have ever been to a range, I wonder if your the same NightFarce, grammatically correct Sheldon there that you try to be here? Curious, if you don't shoot Kahles, Nightforce is a farce, what brand optics do you look to, to bring home the hardware? Please optics Guru, enlighten me?

Hey FTR here's the fiction. You can actually look them up by the date and relay on the williamsport website. I have plenty others if you want to see them.
Shep

Attachments

• 20200301_183246.jpg
    20200301_183246.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200301_183041.jpg
    20200301_183041.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.