New scope

Look in the classifieds section and see what's for sale. I purchased 2 NF's (ATACR & NXS) from guys on here. Got really good buys on both and scopes were in great condition.

If you are considering NF look for DEMO and the product , have found them at Optics Planet and even out them on their wish list , they notified me and I bought with no probs and good discount. Andy Backus might be able to help you , give him a call.

Didn't think about demos. Great idea. Thanks

If this is a hunting rifle more than a target rifle be sure to also compare the weights of the scopes you're interested in. I made the mistake of buying a great scope with everything I wanted for a new hunting rifle but it was not enjoyable to haul around hunting.

I've thought about the weight a lot considering we do a lot of backpack hunting and as long as I can keep my rifle around 10lbs, I'll be happy

I've thought about the weight a lot considering we do a lot of backpack hunting and as long as I can keep my rifle around 10lbs, I'll be happy
I'd go with a Vortex PST GEN II 5-25 X50. For the money 999 I don't think you can go wrong, I have 2 of them and would like to change out a few others for the Vortex

I'd go with a Vortex PST GEN II 5-25 X50. For the money 999 I don't think you can go wrong, I have 2 of them and would like to change out a few others for the Vortex

I have a vortex hs-lr on my 270. But the only reason I'm not getting a pst is because I do t like any of the reticle offerings

I just bought an shv 5-20 x56 for my 30nosler. Couldnt be happier. Shot out to 1600 yards yesterday and had no issues with repeatability etc. Very well priced scope imo

I have heard the same thing from a lot of people. Leaning towards nightforce. Are custom turrets available for the SHV?

I have heard the same thing from a lot of people. Leaning towards nightforce. Are custom turrets available for the SHV?
Kenton industries in Southern California makes custom ballistic turrets for the SHV and many other scopes. Also look at Custom Turret Systems (vendor on LRH) for a ballistic label you can put on your turret. I've got both for a few of my rifles and they are accurate.

Vx6hd 3-18x44. Lightweight, awesome glass, not too bulky, perfect for hunting, works for range work. I've loved mine. Took me a while to decide and very happy with it.

Tx,
I'll bet you already have a scope you could use but, like me, you're using a new rifle as an excuse to buy a new scope. It makes perfect sense - new rifles require new scopes. Sorta like your wife gets new shoes and then needs a matching purse.

Anyway, for my upcoming 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro I just got a Bushnell LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 illuminated reticle scope (mil/mil). I needed FFP B/C my LRF binoculars read out the hold (in mils) and with an SPF scope I'd need to crank it to the highest power to accurately use the hold my binoculars indicate.

This scope weighs 28 oz. and has a G3 "Christmas tree" type reticle but it's small "tree" for hunting, unlike the H59 tree in my competition scope. The illumination is excellent and the glass, while not ED, is very good - what some scope makers would tout as "HD" glass.
*I like the relatively light 28 oz. scope to match the 6 lbs. 3 oz. of that carbon fiber staled X-Bolt Pro. Th-th-that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I got this scope at Optics Planet for less than $1,000. by talking (actually whining) to a sales person. With Nevada's sales tax it was just a bit over $1,000. B/C Nevada has a law that they must collect sales tax from ALL online sales. :(

Eric B.

Exciting times! What kind of a build have you got going on?

I'll toss out a few suggestions to get things started:

Lightweight; Swaro Z5 3.5-18 or Vortex RazorHD 3-15

All around; Leupold VX6HD 3-18 or 4-24

FFP; Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18, Tract Toric 4-20

Seekins rail and rings.
Definitely the Leupy vx6 JD 3-18x50. Great hunting weight scope and works well for long distance
Exciting times! What kind of a build have you got going on?

I'll toss out a few suggestions to get things started:

Lightweight; Swaro Z5 3.5-18 or Vortex RazorHD 3-15

All around; Leupold VX6HD 3-18 or 4-24

FFP; Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18, Tract Toric 4-20

Seekins rail and rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.