New scope has me confused

DONT LAUGH this is my first go round on this Mil stuff. Bought this last week and im fairly confused now. All my Swarvosky scopes have inch incroments and this thing has mils? it is super clear and bright at night and I have it sighted in at 100 dead center at the zero stop now. How many "clicks" (roughly) will I need for 2,3,4 and 500 yards? I need a good website link to figure this out. Ill make a chart after I figure it out. Gun is a short 16.5" 6.5cm shooting 100gr varmint bullets. No idea how fast they are. I haven had time to put the magneato speed on it yet.

Check out the Shepherd scopes on https://shepherdscopes.com/ for rangefinding scopes made easy.

What kind of bovine scatology is this?
The kind for people who "don't believe there's an easy fix", then try to sell an "easy fix" that's harder than just learning the old way up front.

The old ways are the old ways for a reason... because they're easier. Maybe not better, but never underestimate the laziness of the generations before you. If you'll walk a mile to avoid something, they would have ridden a horse 10 miles to avoid the same thing, then called you a wuss for walking to avoid a sore butt from the saddle.

I personally will never own A-scope like that with the cost of ammo today and no ability to be able to buy product to reload hardly at all why would anybody wanna go through that headache I'll stick with the MOA

As a general rule I use .3 mils as 1 moa for people who are a little lost with it. Not exact but will get close

The easiest thing to do when shooting a milliradian scope is to switch all your measurements over to meters instead of yards. Then everything will make sense to you. At 100 yards 1 mill is a 3.6"s, but at 100 meters it is 10cm. Make sense? If you are using MOA, 1moa = 1" at 100yards, 2" at 200yards, etc. With millradians, 1 mill is 10cm at 100 meters, 20cm at 200 meters, etc, etc. So just switch the units on your ballistics calculator and range finder over to meters, and the units will make sense real fast.

Distance (Yards)1 Mil Size (Inches)Distance (Meters)1 Mil Size (CM)
100 Yards3.6 Inch100m10cm
200 Yards7.2 Inch200m20cm
300 Yards10.8 Inch300m30cm
400 Yards14.4 Inch400m40cm
500 Yards18.0 Inch500m50cm
600 Yards21.6 Inch600m60cm
700 Yards25.2 Inch700m70cm
800 Yards28.8 Inch800m80cm
900 Yards32.4 Inch900m90cm
1000 Yards36.0 Inch1000m100cm/1m
1 Mil Size at known distances
Uh - What is a Cm and how do I measure it? Some of us don't think in metric. So 10cm / 2.54cm/in = 3.937007874in and that helps me how? OF course I managed to buy a MIL scope with MOA turrets.

DONT LAUGH this is my first go round on this Mil stuff. Bought this last week and im fairly confused now. All my Swarvosky scopes have inch incroments and this thing has mils? it is super clear and bright at night and I have it sighted in at 100 dead center at the zero stop now. How many "clicks" (roughly) will I need for 2,3,4 and 500 yards? I need a good website link to figure this out. Ill make a chart after I figure it out. Gun is a short 16.5" 6.5cm shooting 100gr varmint bullets. No idea how fast they are. I haven had time to put the magneato speed on it yet.

A data free analysis rough guess is 0.3 mils at 2, 0.7 mils at 3, 1.5 mils at 4, 2.2 at 5, or from 100 yard zero up 3,7,15,22 clicks respectively. These numbers assume you go back to your zero and click up for each range. You have a lot of range work to do so happy shooting. I'd use the ballistic calculators others recommend to get started.

I would use the Strelok app.

STOP attempting to do conversions, in a hasty moment it most likely will not serve you MilRAD to MOA. Running the math in Milrad is easier 1/1000th, the subtensions in mils is smaller than in MOA. Milrad is more accurate then MOA. The math in MOA approximates 1" at 100 yrds. It is much easier to learn two languages than to think in one and attempt to run conversions from one to the other. Again so much for reading a small chart on the side of a stock in a hasty moment. A ballistic app, confirm data, and ranges much more accurate to range in Milradian.

You can get the mildot range master card from Midway that has all of the info you need already calculated. I think they are around $35.00.

Everybody's throwing out all the mil/inch conversion formulas/tables but look at the scope. It's not a Mil scope, it's not an MOA/inch scope. It's a metric scope. The clicks are cm. Unless you use metrics on a daily basis, I bet most U.S. shooters here would have a tough time using this scope. Weekendwarrior had a great table to use for this scope. However, and it's not an answer for the OP's question and not something I'm sure he wants to hear but, I'd dump that scope in a heartbeat. UNLESS he uses metrics "on a daily basis". I understand metrics, but not near enough to want to use it on a shooting basis.