New scope has me confused

Here is fast formula that never changes.

So let's say we wanted to dope for 23 inches at 489 yards.

23/.36*100/489= 13 clicks

only the first and last number change in this formula

23" of movement @ 489 yards

step 1)Inches you want to move bullet divided by .36
step 2) times by 100
step 3) divide by the yardage you are shooting.

another example 7" at 83 yds

7/.36*100/83 takes 23 clicks on scope

Everybody's throwing out all the mil/inch conversion formulas/tables but look at the scope. It's not a Mil scope, it's not an MOA/inch scope. It's a metric scope. The clicks are cm. Unless you use metrics on a daily basis, I bet most U.S. shooters here would have a tough time using this scope. Weekendwarrior had a great table to use for this scope. However, and it's not an answer for the OP's question and not something I'm sure he wants to hear but, I'd dump that scope in a heartbeat. UNLESS he uses metrics "on a daily basis". I understand metrics, but not near enough to want to use it on a shooting basis.
Arent centimeters and millimeters both metric?

All these replies is the reason I'm so confused LOL I just want to know where to dial that sucker to shoot 2000,250,300,350,400,450 etc. I'm not gonna be changing altitude that much is just on a short barrel 6.5 used at the same altitude in West Texas most of the time. I guess I just need to go to the range and start slinging lead but I was trying to avoid that until I had some swag settings. It looks to me like if you click this link below it gives you both minutes of angle and mill on the features only to confuse me more laughing out loud this is almost comical.
CE58A1D7-E10F-4C52-9FDB-85266C70336C.png

Last edited:
Math 101
1cm = 100th of a meter
1mm= 1000 of a meter
1cm = 10th of a mm

and I will skip decimeters LOL

PS: I use MOA scopes exclusively. Too old to change..

Yes! Centimeters and millimeters are metric. Milliradians is not. You're confusing them. Most U.S. scopes are either MOA/inch or Mil(milliradian, milrad). Look at your scope description. States it's "european influenced design" which obviously used the metric system as it's basis. Each click is a centimeter. So you're going to have to convert all your distances and measurements to metric first then figure your clicks. Not hard. IF you're metric familiar. But just remember, Milrad is NOT metric, so don't try to bring the two together. You do not have a milrad scope.

Yes! Centimeters and millimeters are metric. Milliradians is not. You're confusing them. Most U.S. scopes are either MOA/inch or Mil(milliradian, milrad). Look at your scope description. States it's "european influenced design" which obviously used the metric system as it's basis. Each click is a centimeter. So you're going to have to convert all your distances and measurements to metric first then figure your clicks. Not hard. IF you're metric familiar. But just remember, Milrad is NOT metric, so don't try to bring the two together. You do not have a milrad scope.
Found this online. "the definition of the milliradian where the arc length is defined as 1/1,000 of the radius. A common adjustment value in firearm sights is 1 cm at 100 meters which equals 10 mm/100 m = 1/10 mrad". That is exactly what is printed on the scope.

Also found this article. "Though many people have adapted to the MOA standard, another system, the MilRad lives in the metric world. A MilRad is equal to one 1000th of the target range. This is laid out in a circle around the shooters position, with the target range as the radius. Which means, 2 x π x 1000. Therefore 1 MOA = 0.2908 MilRad. Adjusting one Milrad up at 100 metres will result in an offset of 100 mm. The markings on a reticle that mark MilRads are called MilDots. Such a reticle is called a MilDot Reticle".

The Milrad may "live in a metric world" but it's angle measurement. Yes, it may be based on 1/10 ths but that doesn't specifically make it metric. I don't know of a Milrad scope out there that has any turret adjustments listed in cm's. There might be but I've never seen/heard of one. Each click is marked and described as a .1/mil on the turrets.

Anyway, I still maintain you don't have a Mil scope. You don't have a mil dot reticle, and you have no reticle scale at all. No MOA or Mil markings. You'll have to use a table like Weekendwarrior showed to get close. Once you're close, I'd shoot known distances and verify your cm clicks. Good luck

None of the 4 pages so far matter one **** bit until you get a good average velocity number. From there it takes 35 seconds to get you a dope chart to as far as you want.

Figure out how fast those bullets are going then come back. Or download strelok and plug it in yourself.

DONT LAUGH this is my first go round on this Mil stuff. Bought this last week and im fairly confused now. All my Swarvosky scopes have inch incroments and this thing has mils? it is super clear and bright at night and I have it sighted in at 100 dead center at the zero stop now. How many "clicks" (roughly) will I need for 2,3,4 and 500 yards? I need a good website link to figure this out. Ill make a chart after I figure it out. Gun is a short 16.5" 6.5cm shooting 100gr varmint bullets. No idea how fast they are. I haven had time to put the magneato speed on it yet.

I just went and bought a Sig Sauer BDX that way there is no guessing at it
Sighted it in at 100 yards dead on and iam good out to 800 yards. Sight it for what ever you want and it does the rest for you. Love my scope going to by a another one. I got my on a 300RUM shooting 220gr ELD-X Hornadys just a thought

Doesn't anyone just shoot to figure out their
Dope?
Like why come up with charts unless it is created from actual drop data.

Heavy head scratching now
So are you confused about milliradian not being metric?
It is 1/1000th of anything. One milliradian at 1000 yards is one yard. One milliradian at 1000 mile is one mile. One milliradian at 1000 inches is 1 inch.

Or it is 1 meter at 1000 meters.

So it doesn't have to be applied to metrics. So if your scope says .36" click at 100 yards. You can divide by .36" to get right number if clicks.

This help?

Doesn't anyone just shoot to figure out their
Dope?
Like why come up with charts unless it is created from actual drop data.
Well myself I'm having a very hard time finding reloading components and I really didn't wanna burn up 100 rounds of ammo just trying to figure out my dope I was trying to get close and then go shoot but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.