new savage longrange hunting rifle model 111

They don't show left hand action as an option on their website. They may wait to see how it does before offering a lefty???

Brian

Lefties always lose out.:) I guess I can always have the custom shop build one for me. $200 extra isn't bad, I wish my dad would have made me shoot right handed when I started.

I wish they came in stainless. and I really wish that they had a .338 RUM in there too. nice looking package, could be my next rifle (in 7mm Rem)!

I've been looking at the 300 mag. Anyone seen specs on the barrel thickness?

I wish they came in stainless. and I really wish that they had a .338 RUM in there too. nice looking package, could be my next rifle (in 7mm Rem)!

You could always ream the 338WM out to a RUM or Ackley Improve the 338WM. You should be able to run with the RUM then. I understand your wanting the bigger calibers. They do have that new Law Enforcement Rifle in .338 Lapua now.

Tank

Saw this on the Savage web site. Here is the calibers and the MSRP. Everyone I talked to on the article that was in the Shooting Times article was pretty leary on the retail price that was listed - now we know.
Savage Arms > Firearms > Browse Models

Well in that case a better plan for me would be to pick-up a used Mod 700 & get a new barrel & stock, etc for close to the same & be more like what I want.

Liltank,
i just saw the new Law Enforcment model in 300WM. looks like alot of rifle for $1900 CAD. up here thats just about what you pay for a senduro. though Im Im not entirely sure that I like the stock. It really looks like the AR 30 at a glance.

Liltank,
i just saw the new Law Enforcment model in 300WM. looks like alot of rifle for $1900 CAD. up here thats just about what you pay for a senduro. though Im Im not entirely sure that I like the stock. It really looks like the AR 30 at a glance.

I've handled an AR30 and the new Tac rifle from Savage. They both are heavy, but I think the Savage is a much better system. The AR30 in a 338LM just felt cheap and nasty. The trigger was heavy and the bolt was stiff and awkward. It made a lot of noise when when you worked the action. I have heard that you can get the trigger worked on and the action smoothed, but that cost more money.

The Savage felt good to me. It was very solid, and I preferred the pistol grip on the Savage over AR30. The action is smooth, and the accu-trigger just works. I would definitely like to shoot the both of them side by side, but I can almost garuntee that the Savage will out shoot the AR30 out of the box.

The down side to the Savage is that it is heavy, and the clip is noisy. Not sure if there is a way to quiet the movement or not. You can lighten it up a bit taking off the accesory rails if they are not needed.

Tank

I already have one in 6.5x284 on order. A friend of mine has an FFL and he pre ordered 3 of them, I am not holding my breath though. A few years ago I pre ordered a 375 RUM in a 700 XCR and it took a year before I got mine,,,
Mikegun)

I don't think Savage will take that long. I got my custom order in 9 weeks. That was during thier 2 week shut down in the summer.

Hey liltank,
with the law enforcment line do you know what the mag. length is? Is it gonna be the standard 3.7 or will it fit the Lapua round a little better.

Hey liltank,
with the law enforcment line do you know what the mag. length is? Is it gonna be the standard 3.7 or will it fit the Lapua round a little better.

I can't answer that without absolute information. I will call tomorrow and ask them what their mag length is. This is merely speculation, but the rifle is built with a 1:10 twist. This tells me that they are expecting people to shoot the 300 grain bullet out of it. This would lead me to believe that it is built with a longer than normal magazine to accommodate the big bullet. Like I said, I will call Savage on Monday and find out. You have sparked a hanker'in for information that I must know now. THANKS A LOT!!!! More good stuff to slow the synapses in my brain.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.