New savage action?

It's not even ugly!! Great work, Savage. Interesting concept with the bearings serving as lugs , operated by (chamber?) pressure. Not sure I'd be 100% confident running something at 70k psi, using a locking mechanism, I don't fully understand, but I'm sure it doesn't necessitate grabbing torches and pitchforks. It looks pretty cool.

Hmmm, I would need some convincing that numerous ball contact points will take the thrust that bolt lugs would. I love the Blaser idea, but I can't calculate in my head how little ball contact points = contact area, vs lug contact area.
They are relying on pin point contact of the ball in a groove, over many cycles.
They must have confidence in their testing.
I'll sit this one out until someone does a full independent study.

Yes let down. Savage makes decent quality for the lower end budget but that was an attempt to compete with a Christensen and get in the carbon barrel game and it was a fail and a miserable one. In my opinion, if anyone is going carbon and not a custom rig, stick to a Christensen or something on par with it.
Wa part of it do you believe was a miserable fail? In my opinion they could have done better on the stock, but again considering the pricepoint, I'd be hard pressed to call it a fail.

Yes let down. Savage makes decent quality for the lower end budget but that was an attempt to compete with a Christensen and get in the carbon barrel game and it was a fail and a miserable one. In my opinion, if anyone is going carbon and not a custom rig, stick to a Christensen or something on par with it.
How about some specifics on why it's a 'let down'. Usually when you put something down you have reasons to back it up… Just asking for more info on your 'let down'.

Good! There is more for us that appreciates innovation.
Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.