New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

Does anyone know the internal mag dimensions on the long action 110? I'm pondering the 280ai or 28 nosler down loaded to 7 mag perf.
Does anyone have this dimension? Putting a 180 Berger 20 off the lands on a saami 28 nosler chamber will have around 3.58-3.6 oal. Will that fit in these rifles?

Just goes to show people will complain about anything. In the end 2" of barrel means maybe 50 FPS and really doesn't mean squat. In order to build ultra light rifles at lower cost point something is going to give. So savage makes a 1500.00 light rifle with proof barrel in a blue printed action and people are still complaining. Heck even the stock is adjustable to fit a wide range of body types.
I've owned a lot of savages and the accustock is not a deal breaker in my world. I think people who complain don't own one. All of my savages shot excellent and when changing to a chassis there wasn't any difference in accuracy.

in the end it's an excellent platform in a light hunter with popular chambering at a affordable price for what's offered.

These look like pretty great options. I'll assume the barrel is threaded for a break/device but didn't see specifics. I'm thinking 308 would be an amazing all-purpose light weight option for where I'm at in Texas. Also thinking that ordering a 20-22" prefit proof in 243win would allow for a swappable package that my son, who is about to be 7, could use for many years to come. And when he moves out of 243, his little brother could use it. All at a practical weight that they wouldn't struggle with.

At that price point I wonder if the Proof barrel is built to the same standard as the barrels they normally sell. I know the barrels CA uses on the ridgeline aren't the same quality as the ones used on their customs...I was told this by their repair dept.

At that price point I wonder if the Proof barrel is built to the same standard as the barrels they normally sell. I know the barrels CA uses on the ridgeline aren't the same quality as the ones used on their customs...I was told this by their repair dept.
I was thinking the same thing. Here's to hoping some early adopters out there post results!

They even threaded the muzzle so you can get the brake of your choice.
I've got the older model in 7wsm. I think they just called it the "mountain rifle. Light weight and high operating pressure of the WSM make this rifle a thumper. It was just like getting hit in the shoulder with a rubber hammer every time you pulled the trigger.
I threaded the barrel and built a brake of my own design. Tamed her right down. Shoots 1/2 moa.