New rifle....

sakofan

Here's my latest thing.

Rem. VSLH, .308, US Optics SN-3 3.2-17x44mm, Badger Ord rings/Badger 20 moa rail.

...sakofan...So far, so good!!!

[ 07-26-2004: Message edited by: sakofan ]

[ 07-27-2004: Message edited by: sakofan ]

Agunner012

Nice looking rifle.

Can you share some info on the shooting rest?

Thanks
Andrew

sakofan

The rest is a National Match Rifle Support.
Not sure if the gent who makes them is still around. He used to have a website, and I think it's been taken down. His name is Jim Owens. He used to hang out here, and AR.

The black wheel is a windage adjustment. The 4 smaller black knobs are to level the support. There's a level bubble on the front, and the long screw sticking out, is an attachment that clamps the rest down to the bench, and allows you to shoot high recoil rifles one handed if you like. Almost zero recoil.
The velcro strap, keeps the barrel from whipping.
The bigger silver wheel allows for elevation.

It's an amazing rest!!
I like to use it for load development, scope sight in, etc. (Or if I dont want a sore shoulder.)

It wont make you a better shooter, but it will let you find out how accurate your rifle/load is.

[ 07-27-2004: Message edited by: sakofan ]

sakofan

Brad, I have shot it only 3 times. Too busy with work. Will get back out this week.

Very good accuracy so far. Might need to be bedded.

G

I have to get in here and rib; where I can. The rifle looks excellent, but the tv looks like your last 1000 yd target. Either you have some glare distortion, or an impressive grouping on the screen.

sakofan

You guys are funny!!

My wood stove doesnt look that dirty up close, but Holy cow it looks bad in the picture.

Thanks for the nice comments....About my rifle, not my TV...sakofan..

G

Just grinnin' when we can bro. You do have a very nice looking rig. Have fun!

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce