New Rifle Purchase Decision

Why is that someone ask for opinions, and if the opinions don't agree with yours they must not own one, or never shot one, or don't even shoot. Sounds like a bunch of democraps tell us what we think
"Well what I own is the best & what you own sucks. My brand is the best!" 😄
I totally agree with what you said. I am always amazed at immature mindsets, almost daily. Hey, most brands ARE GOOD or they wouldn't be in business today in this highly competitive & over-regulated (JMO) market! Something else: EVERYONE punches out a less-than-perfect firearm occasionally - every company out there.....just read the forums!
I've been shooting for 61 years & I still shoot between 1 - 4 times a week, 52 weeks a year. Does that make me the best shooter? No. Does that make my brand of weapon the best? No...not even my choice of ammo. I have seen MANY brand new out of the box weapons that were "less than perfect". (Some wouldn't even shoot & one had the wrong caliber magazine & feed for the caliber of the barrel!)
I agree with you Lee7588. JMO

I am left handed too. Have owned everything from 22RF to 460 Bee in Left Hand. Have also owned at least one, and in the case of Remington, Sako, Tikka, Weatherby and Savage many versions, of every make that produces left hand rifles off the shelf. Pretty much everyone one was good to great. Some took a little more work than others to get to the accuracy I wanted. Any gun I couldn't get to 1/2 MOA got sold, but there were very few that I ever had to sell for that reason. I never found on that I couldn't get to at least 1 MOA. Of the ones you listed, I would pick the Weatherby. Fierce that are still made in Canada are a good rifle, the ones made after the move, I don't care for. I would also avoid Bergara.

If you are open to custom there is a whole other world of options. My main hunting rifle for many years, is a Melvin Forbes made NULA in 308 that he built for me about 20 years ago. Total weight with Swaro Z5 3.5x18x44, sling and 4 in the mag is 6.1 LBs. Up close for dangerous game, Marlin in 45-70 and a Ruger Stainless Guide gun in 375 Ruger. For Long distance hunting, depending on the game, I have a K.S. Arms built 338-378, a Factory Remington 7 RUM plus a Weatherby Ultra Light in 257 Bee. All are Devcon bedded, and using tailored reloads, all will consistently shoot 1/2 MOA. The only factory rifles I have re-barrelled are due to wearing out the original, and some Savage and Remington actions I used to build stuff on.

For about $2,500 U.S., K.S. Arms will build you a tremendous long range rifle in left hand and any chambering you can think of. They have everything in place to ship to the States. Hope this helps.

Interested in the details on the PRC by TS Customs.

The basics; LPA Fuzion Titanium DLC coated, Benchmark Carbon Barrel 22" Sendero Lite 8 twist, Ghost brake, Cerakote barrel ends black, KS1 Carbon Stock inlet and pillared glass bedding, standard hardware (bipod rail, 4 flush cups, ARCA rail in front of mag well), Hawkins Precision M5 DBM and Accurate 3round Mag, TriggerTech Special Pro Curve.

Good looking rifle, i'm sure you will enjoy it. Always best to get what what blows your skirt up or you will find reasons not to like it and these things are way to expensive today not to love them.

Ima weatherby nut in all shapes and sizes for packing rifles the new backcountry line suites me, very accurate and light weight and yes LH for me. :) But the ole trusty wood rifles are sometimes prettier in for picture taking! lol - best of luck, report back on how these new ladies shoot!

I recently shot (at a Bergara Experience) the new B-14 Crest in 6.5CM: was very impressed with it for being a fairly light rifle. I have two other Bergara B-14's, all are sub-MOA rifles (with reloads).
I don't know if Bergara makes LH rifles, if they do that would be an excellent option for the money.

Not a fan of CA. Had 2 and both went back to CA several times. They were very responsive but never got either one right in my book. I would look into the new Weatherby 307 it looks promising or a Tikka because you can have so much done to them.

I spent quite a bit of time looking at and contemplating a Weatherby. They went quite what I wanted. In the end the simply having built exactly what I wanted seemed the way to go.
It is good you landed on a solution. So, what are you having built and by whom?

Okay but some of us don't want a magnum. Speed yes, but accuracy wise there isn't a difference.
I see your point and I agree. I just wanted the PRC for a little more power and a little flatter trajectory. Plus I am a reloader and I wanted to tailor and build some nice loads for the PRC. Since I have (3) 25-06's, I wanted something with more punch so I stepped up to the PRC.

I have had several CA rifles and they have all performed with no issues, so much so that the three I have owned were all sold to friends that came to Montana hunting with me and used them. They then purchased them from me as a result. I will have another one soon as I now have a hole to fill since the last one was sold. Maybe I just got lucky but I don't think so. Every manufacturer has issues at one time or another. I think you should go to a LGS and pick up as many rifles as you can get your hands on and buy the one that fits you. When you shoulder it it feels good in your hands, it comes up with a good sight picture down the barrel. My personal favorite is Gunwerks. It was once a dream of mine to own one and luckily for me I was able to swing it not only once but twice now. I would love to buy another one but I am not sure if I will get that fortunate. They are super expensive but they feel great to me, shoot lights out and I know when I pull the trigger I get the results I want. I bought a Tikka T3 Lite for a buddy's son and took it out and sighted it in. I put a couple of boxes down the tube before sending it off to him. It was a nice handling rifle and shot very well. I think for the money they are a very nice rifle.
Good Luck with your quest!

Last edited: