New Rifle choices, need opinions, .300WBY, 300RUM, or 338RUM??

I'm new here and should probably but out but I have a real affinity for the Wby Mrk V. Action design and strength. I also love the 30-378 B and think you should give it a look. It is great long distance and in the hands of a competent shooter great for dangerous game. The Aboriginals up here in northern Canada have been shooting grizzlies and polar bear with 30-30 for years. Wouldn't recommend it but I just don't believe you need a cannon to hunt dangerous game. Especially if it is not something you are going to hunt on a regular basis. I think you'll like the gun more if it's not kicking the daylights out of you. Sighting in at range with a muzzle break is not good either. When you remove break for hunting the POI changes. Not enough to matter at 100 yrds but at 600 plus it can mean a big difference.

why not look at the 300win mag. the us millitary has played with it, and components are easier to get ahold of and cost less. unless you run a 28" or longer tube, you can't get the preformence, out of the 300rum or 338 rum.

Dead is dead. All three of those will kill. Whichever will be cheapest to buy and continue to shoot is the one I'd go with...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.