New rifle - Blaser R8

petenz

I recently bought a Blaser R8, here is a short video overview of the rifle and some shooting from my first range trip with it. Maybe interesting as it's something out of the ordinary for this site

Last edited by a moderator:
Well made video. Good job showing the rifle's features.

What kind of bird? Where was the video recorded?

Well made video. Good job showing the rifle's features.

What kind of bird? Where was the video recorded?

Thanks! The bird is a Weka, they'll steal brightly coloured things...I didn't think he'd be able to get away with it!!

Filmed in New Zealand shooting on an abandoned airstrip.

You know the R8 Professional Success is the first factory rifle which fits my hand like a glove. It's got a proper right-handed stock (with room to rest your thumb on the topside if you're not a fan of thumbholes) with a palm swell and a reasonably short reach for the trigger which breaks at 1½ pounds by the way (at least the rifles sold in Europe do). With the scope attached directly to the barrel, there's no change in POI with barrel changes in the field. Cleaning the barrels is just stupid easy when you can remove the barrel to get easy access to the chamber area.

The straight-pull action brings the chamber 3" back compared to a bolt action, you can feed the detachable magazine both in and out of the rifle, and removing the magazine (which automatically decocks the rifle) also removes the trigger making the rifle ultra-safe even with children around.

I am liking mine very much indeed. 10.5 lbs as she sits in the picture, and that's with a match barrel (.88" at the muzzle, 23" overall, in 6.5x55) .

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.