New Reloading Bench

That's the exact bench I was looking at! Do you use one as a reloading bench? I'm curios how stable it is when sizing brass. Thanks!
Here's what mine looks like. I find I don't need a ton of room. I keep most of my tools, dies, etc. In the yellow storage bins and have peg board on the wall. No issues resizing and I resize up to 300 RUM.
IMG_20200914_123159883.jpg

No the table just sets on the floor. I do not have the press screwed to the bench. The press is screwed to 3/4 plywood that is clamped to the side of the table. This way I can take the press to the range or clamp it to the table in the camper when traveling...
The table has some 1/2" peg holes on top to secure material when woodworking. I just cover that top up with some an anti static felt pad and rubber gun pads for reloading from Brownells.

No the table just sets on the floor. I do not have the press screwed to the bench. The press is screwed to 3/4 plywood that is clamped to the side of the table. This way I can take the press to the range or clamp it to the table in the camper when traveling...
The table has some 1/2" peg holes on top to secure material when woodworking. I just cover that top up with some an anti static felt pad and rubber gun pads for reloading from Brownells.
Awesome! Thank you very much. I can't anchor mine so it's nice to know that it's sturdy without being anchored to anything. I plan to bolt my press to it but that shouldn't make a difference. Thank you very much for your input!

I'd build my own free standing stable, if in the budget, put casters on it. Use it, park it where you want. Wire it with 2 outlet boxes, with extension cord type plug in.
Build it with with lag bolts, not screws, disassemble and take to the next place.
If you want a pic of mine, I can supply it. I have coax's on both ends, 2 shelves underneath, it is a tank.

Man I'd like to see it just to see some new ideas that might spring up in my small mind!!

Since your bench will be temporary, any of the above benches should work AND can be solidly mounted for temporary use. Find the studs in your wall (16" o/c) and put two screws through each leg of your bench. If you have a cordless driver, you can uninstall or remove your screws when you leave. Then patch the small screw holes in the wall. I like RSS GRK self tapping screws for a job like this. For the ~screw length add 2.5" to the depth of the legs, and your bench will be solid as a fixture. :)

Last edited:
If you can't make it heavy to begin with maybe make it where you can put lots of reload components on it and use that weight to make your bench feel heavy. Or what if it was so portable and not too heavy you could use it as a travel bench for shooting and reloading...off and on use. If your cartridge isn't too large a hand press might even work. Maybe up to 30.06 ?

I mounted my press on 2x6 about 12" long then c-clamp to kitchen table, island, picnic table, anywhere available when not set up in the reloading shop. I used to flip houses and didn't always have a reloading area set up. A bit redneck, but that's me.

I used a solid commercial wood door on top of 4x4's. I put a shelf below using plywood. Door was 36" x 80" and heavy. Works great. You might be able to find one on Craigslist or an auction. This is the only pic I have that shows it. Excuse the mess.

That's my M1873 44-40 untouched, date of birth 1883.

The upper shelf is also a ripped down door that I had a buddy router for a gun rack.

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

Lane Precision 7 saum obscuring view....