New Reloading Bench!

orkan

IuiuSZ9.jpg

Complete build thread:
https://forums.gunhive.com/topic/211/orkan-s-new-reloading-bench

Some interesting ideas. Like the interchangeable press mounting system.

With your computer right there you can download music as well!

I am interesting in seeing more on your lighting systems.

My shop has overhead florescent lights and a 10" diameter florescent magnification light on an arm similar to this:

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUMAPRO-Round-Magnifier-Light-6MNU1?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/6MNU1_AS02?$smthumb$

It is placed centrally so I can pivot near the lathe and near one end of the bench for all sorts of inspections. It is used daily to see those fine details. If I want more magnification I put on a jeweler's loop and look through the magnification light.

Be sure to show more innovations as you continue building.

Very good ideas. However, you need more stuff!! Hurry up and fill up those empty places on the shelves!
My things are slowly finding their way into their new homes.

AZ Shooter, the lighting is nothing special. Just some under-cabinet LED's like you'd find for a kitchen. Three 4ft digital ballast florescents provide the main room light. It's plenty bright!

Nice work! Really like the die rack/shelf idea. Just moved into a new house so I'm compiling ideas for a new bench. I like your press mount idea as well. I'm thinking of using t-track and then mounting a couple presses I have on boards to slide them in and out as needed but still have open flat bench space when not in use.

Awesome setup! I enjoy Orkan's posts on Sniper Central, I can say he doesn't half-*** anything.

I think I'll copy a few of your details when I get to set up my reloading bench. I've got a room that I plan on using for reloading, but I'm keeping two cats in there until my daughter gets an apartment for her 3rd year at college and can take them. I tried reloading with the cats in the room, but I HATED coming to the workbench and having to spend 20 minutes with the shop vac cleaning up cat hair.

I like the computer attached to the bench. I use the little blue ammo boxes for my reloads. I'm was planning on using my laptop at my bench for my Dymo label maker so I can put all of the info on fat mailing labels and then stick them on the top of the box.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.