New reloading bench - Inline Fabrications?

fnlights

Over the weekend I had a spontaneous idea to build myself a new reloading bench. I bolted everything down to the old bench and am now considering some type of quick change system.

Specifically I am looking at the Inline Fabrication systems. Does anyone have any experience with these? If so, do you prefer the elevated ones? I like the idea of the flush mount quick change base plate because I feel it would be sturdier than the 9 3/4 elevated one - but could be completely wrong.

Thought about getting two base plates - one where I would normally mount my reloading press and one where I would mount other tools like a trimmer, vice, etc.

Highly recommend.

I have three flush plates on my bench right now. I don't use the risers personally - my bench is waist high when standing, and I have an adjustable height stool to sit on so I've never needed to be higher up. I've used these with everything - single stage presses, Dillon 750, case trimmer, primer seater, etc and they've held up fine.

I flush mounted them with a router. Before I did that though I did use the plate to not have to flush mount to make sure I liked it, and that worked well also. One thing is to make sure you recess deeper under the opening to give the tongue of the quick change plate a place to slide into.

Highly recommend.

I have three flush plates on my bench right now. I don't use the risers personally - my bench is waist high when standing, and I have an adjustable height stool to sit on so I've never needed to be higher up. I've used these with everything - single stage presses, Dillon 750, case trimmer, primer seater, etc and they've held up fine.

I flush mounted them with a router. Before I did that though I did use the plate to not have to flush mount to make sure I liked it, and that worked well also. One thing is to make sure you recess deeper under the opening to give the tongue of the quick change plate a place to slide into.
Awesome! I do most of my reloading sitting as I feel it is easier and that is how my bench was designed. So, for me I like the idea of the flush mounters. Good to know on that plate because I was thinking the exact same thing to make sure I liked it.

I like the idea that I can change my press at anytime or upgrade my current press and not have to drill new holes.

I love them. Have a dedicated one for my Rock Chucker and another one with plates for an old Lyman turret press that I use with my universal decapper, swager etc., one with a small vise and one with my CPS Priming tool. Super fast changes and fantastic quality. We'll thought out designs.

I too use the Inline Fabrication flush mount and think it's fantastic. Like @QuietTexan I did use the mounting plate to start so that I didn't have to router out my bench. It works so well I probably will just keep it the way it is now. To me the beauty of the flush mount is that when your equipment is removed you essentially have a the full space of your bench to use and don't have a "tower" mounted somewhere you have to work around.