New Reloader -- Load Development/Recommendations, 300 WM

Ok, I may take a look at the Accubond as well. I've been reading a bunch online, and it seems as if a lot of people like the Hybrid. I'm just concerned, because I'm not a dedicated long range hunter and I'm just pondering whether the Hybrid is more directed at long-range shots? I'm more concerned with the bullet performance at close range <100 versus further?

accubond or noslear or any premium bonded bullet for closer shots works real well on all game. Just have to find what bullet shoots good. Have seen accubond shoot good and noslear shoots better and vs versus. Don't get hung up on sleek race car looking bullets and all the hype talk on bullets. Distance vs game and what you want a bullet to do will decide for you. Just have to find the load for your gun.
Cup and core bullets work good but you have to know what the bullet is used for. Shooting cross angle shots at close range and u wanting pass thru they are not. Death on longer shots on game they work fine. With that being said an 8 twist u can shoot a really big hunk of lead. So distance not going to matter as much on killing game.

The accubond is sounding more consistent with my needs. Is the 200g Accubond a good weight for the 1:8 twist I have? I've heard some less than satisfactory things about the Accubond LR, so primarily considering the standard Accubond.
I think the 200 gr Accubond with a BC of .588 would be an excellent choice for your hunting conditions. The 200gr Partitiion has a BC of .481 and with the lead nose they have a tendency to get deformed riding around in the magazine, etc and this reduces the bc. The accubond has the Teflon or plastic tip that doesn't get damaged like the lead one and a 25% higher BC which will help you buck the wind. I don't you can go wrong with that bullet at all.

accubond or noslear or any premium bonded bullet for closer shots works real well on all game. Just have to find what bullet shoots good. Have seen accubond shoot good and noslear shoots better and vs versus. Don't get hung up on sleek race car looking bullets and all the hype talk on bullets. Distance vs game and what you want a bullet to do will decide for you. Just have to find the load for your gun.
Cup and core bullets work good but you have to know what the bullet is used for. Shooting cross angle shots at close range and u wanting pass thru they are not. Death on longer shots on game they work fine. With that being said an 8 twist u can shoot a really big hunk of lead. So distance not going to matter as much on killing game.
Just an FYI: Accubond is a Nosler bullet.

When I think of a Nosler I think of a Nosler partion. accubond I think of the the plastic tip made by Nosler. Just a clarification on my part.
Partitions are about the only rifle bullets Nosler makes that don't have a "plastic" tip, ballistic tips, accubond, accubond LR, silver tips, etc.....

Some of us old timers get stuck in the past. You'll get there too eventually. ;)
LOL, that's all we shot from the 70's until the early 2000's. I can't even imagine how many critters hit the dirt from those bullets. When they came out they were as revolutionary as when the Berger VLD design hit the street.

Ok, I may take a look at the Accubond as well. I've been reading a bunch online, and it seems as if a lot of people like the Hybrid. I'm just concerned, because I'm not a dedicated long range hunter and I'm just pondering whether the Hybrid is more directed at long-range shots? I'm more concerned with the bullet performance at close range <100 versus further?

Better make sure you can load the Hybrid in that rifle. I shoot them in my 300WMs but had to seriously trim my magazine in my HC Long Range. They shoot awesome and I've put down a bunch or elk with them but length can be an issue with seating. I also clean out the tips with a small drill bit and I've never had an issue with putting animals down quickly. Closest was 125 yards. Definitely pick what you want just sharing what I've seen.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.