New powders looking promising!

Hodgson still has the enduron line of powders listed on their website. Other than "out of stock" it mentions nothing of being discontinued.

Hodgson still has the enduron line of powders listed on their website. Other than "out of stock" it mentions nothing of being discontinued.
I sure hope this has all been a blown up misunderstanding then. I just sent them an email, wanna hear this straight from the horse's mouth and not internet hysteria. If I'm wrong I have some apologizing to do as I think there's been a few panic attacks here

The imr line is 100% no more it's gone. They told me this summer it was gone and a replacement was coming maybe this is what they were talking about. I'm excited to have another option

Hodgdon fire has been internet rumor for every powder shortage. But, can someone provide a news story link confirming? Nope, nothing - crickets. You can find said rumor virtually on every website but never a link. Heck, it would be Hodgdon's best interest to post complete story to take pressure off them but nope no News Release.
The Goex black powder factory burned last year. Hodgdon owned it at the time. I think a lot of people heard about the Goex fire and knew it was one of Hodgdon's brands, but didn't know it wasn't a smokeless powder factory.

What is sad about the Goex plant is it was the LAST black powder manufacturing plant in the USA. So no more Goex but Hodgdon buys Western including Blackhorn 209.......at $77.99 at MidwayUSA for 8 lousy oz. PV has it for $69 as well. so $138/lb. Thank you Hodgdon!

What is sad about the Goex plant is it was the LAST black powder manufacturing plant in the USA. So no more Goex but Hodgdon buys Western including Blackhorn 209.......at $77.99 at MidwayUSA for 8 lousy oz. PV has it for $69 as well. so $138/lb. Thank you Hodgdon!
They're coming back. Someone else, I think a company out of CO, bought the plant and the brand with the intent of repairing the plant and bringing Goex back to market.

I sure hope this has all been a blown up misunderstanding then. I just sent them an email, wanna hear this straight from the horse's mouth and not internet hysteria. If I'm wrong I have some apologizing to do as I think there's been a few panic attacks here
Sorry gents. They got back to me.

Attachments

• 474E48D1-EB96-4222-A65F-4C5E0ADC9363.png
    474E48D1-EB96-4222-A65F-4C5E0ADC9363.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 189
I look forward to more options. Having good results with STABALL 65 in my 65Creedmoor and 260 - for target work but for higher velocity hunting loads than H4350.

We need a "Varget" alternative - hope STABALL match or whatever is a candidate for that Varget alternative
I found that Shooters World Precision is a close match for Varget and Long Rifle a close match for H4350. I know the below link for the chart doesnt show Long Rifle matching up to the 4350 burn rate, but I found it does. Additionally, I later read an article that stated similar results.

Varget: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/10/12/shooters-world-precision-powder-replacement-varget/

Attachments

• 6343E2A8-C175-4203-81F0-FB69FD22A338.png
    6343E2A8-C175-4203-81F0-FB69FD22A338.png
    469.9 KB · Views: 37

Recent Posts