New powders looking promising!

Makes me wonder if they scrapped enduron to make room for the new Win powders. IMR 4166 shot amazing in several rounds I shoot and ticked me off to the point I began phasing out hodgdon wherever possible. Im in good shape with VV and alliant.
Havent found anything that likes 6.5SB yet but then I havent tested hard either. Waiting on a burn chart for the new ones
From what I can recall, they dropped the line due to a supply issue. Basically, they didn't make it and the actual manufacturer wasn't going to be able to supply them with the products

Hodgdon fire has been internet rumor for every powder shortage. But, can someone provide s news story link confirming? Nope, nothing - crickets. You can find said rumor virtually on every website but never a link. Heck, it would be Hodgdon's best interest to post complete story to take pressure off them but nope no News Release.
For that matter, I don't even know where the various powders are made. Haven't taken the time to look into it. Hodgdon extreme in Australia right? What about enduron? Staball is American made? So for that matter, finding a link to a fire that was likely in another country might be hard to do. I get your point. My own biggest takeaway is that hodgdon themselves seemed to make the statement that they weren't discontinuing that line. We'll see!?!?

I like that 4451 in my 358 Norma.

The 4955 was very abruptly "spikey" for me
Yeah I've read that, as well as did have some temp sensitivity in the form of my ammo sitting in direct sun at a match and having to really smack my bolt open on the first stage of the day. But Several other guys in my squad had the same temp issue even with H4350 and varget. Mine went into my lunch cooler and was absolutely fine the rest of the day. I don't think that's the same spikeyness you're talking about, but I'll keep a look out for it.

So out of curiosity did little more looking and found this site in UK that shows Enduron powders exempt from REACH. Still interesting on wording.

So Enduron powders just say "Unavailable at this time". Hodgdon does not state discontinued. So lets wait for Tik Tok, Twitter, Instagram et al confirm rumor. I would think there would be different wording if they were done with it. Or maybe until they have full coverage with new Win StaBall line?
6FC915FF-8DAC-43D1-B9A9-CA4ABD4C26F3.jpeg

From what I can recall, they dropped the line due to a supply issue. Basically, they didn't make it and the actual manufacturer wasn't going to be able to supply them with the products
I read that. I'd just like to know why it was so much harder to supply enduron than IMR, same plant

I look forward to more options. Having good results with STABALL 65 in my 65Creedmoor and 260 - for target work but for higher velocity hunting loads than H4350.

We need a "Varget" alternative - hope STABALL match or whatever is a candidate for that Varget alternative

I look forward to more options. Having good results with STABALL 65 in my 65Creedmoor and 260 - for target work but for higher velocity hunting loads than H4350.

We need a "Varget" alternative - hope STABALL match or whatever is a candidate for that Varget alternative
We gotta just start manufacturing our own stuff haha. LRH brand powders and primers.

I do know that the discovery of nitrocellulose (which single base powders are based on) happened by accident. Chemist cleaned up a nitric acid spill with a cloth. It dried overnight. Put it too close to an open flame and it burst into a violent fireball. Or something like that.

I won't go first but if someone wishes to soak bits of cotton in nitric acid (literally guncotton to use an old term), dry them, add flame retardant to control burn rate, and toss them in a little powdered graphite to avoid a static induced kablamo! Situation do let us know how it works for ya 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣