Looking for a new powder 26 nosler

The most temp stable powders are the Hodgdon powders Varget, H1000, H4895, H4350, H4831, and only a few others that are under .5fps change in temp per degree. in a 130 degree change in weather it amount to about 20fps differece between high and low velocity using the means of the temp range. 30FPS SD@ 1000yds is 8.5" and 50fps variation is about 14" @ 1000yds. So now if you are using other powders that the temp changes 1 degree equals 1fps change in vleocity. Take the means of that would be 65fps between high and low temp. There is a lot of powders that change up to 1.5 and more fps per degree. So go ahead figure out what you need
I wish that there was more on temp changes on powder than what it out there presently. A lot of the reloader powder is over 1.2 fps deviation or (SD) change per degree.
It's my understanding that there is programs out there that can take all that info in and give you a shooting solution. I have the programs but I haven't use them yet.
So depending on the yardages you are shooting at there some figuring to do.
Picture that may help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240118_121355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240118_121355_Gallery.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 46
Looking at that sinsitivity chart I may need to change powerder in a couple of my other loads.
Like my 7 RUM that I am running 7828 in and a couple that we run IMR 4931 in
Just a guide as I never trust printed results. I trust first hand results that you try. Come across too many times where this chart didn't match my results. So alway look at it as a guide but test yourself.

Which of the two would be the least temp sensitive?
Is Rl 33 pretty sensitive?
The RL 16 that I use is not
They are both very stable, the only thing I have witnessed was that Retumbo in some very cold weather was difficult to ignite. I don't believe this has anything to do with it's temp stability, however.
I have used kegs of H50BMG without a single issue, however, all of my cases using it are from about 112g-150g capacity, I believe this makes a difference in case pressure and ignition.
Yes, in my experience, RE33 gets touchy around 100° F, and also in the cold. I wish I could still get US869 here, very useful powder and is touchy, but not like RE33.
ADI Extreme powder list includes Retumbo and H50BMG, it is made here in Australia, it has different designation, but is simply the same powder re-branded by Hodgdon.

Cheers.

Last edited:
They are both very stable, the only thing I have witnessed was that Retumbo in some very cold weather was difficult to ignite. I don't believe this has anything to do with it's temp stability, however.
I have used kegs og H50BMG without a single issue, however, all of my cases using it are from about 112g-150g capacity, I believe this makes a difference in case pressure and ignition.
Yes, in my experience, RE33 gets touchy around 100° F, and also in the cold. I wish I could still get US869 here, very useful powder and is touchy, but not like RE33.

Cheers
I have 869 but there is a 3 inch difference in poi. From summer to winter so I am trying to change powder to get a better consistent results. So I am going to try retumbo because I can get it locally