Newbie looking for some powder

Purchased 5 singles of Retumbo from powder valley this week - April 3. Hazmat, shipping, tax, price all added up to $240.90 to my front door.
Others available this week have been…
H4350
H1000
RL33
do you have the web site I just want to make sure Im going to the right place

I am not new to long range shooting, but I am new to reloading.

so I am getting a crash course from a buddy of mine that is helping me learn the ropes.

I was hoping some of you might have some posts that you can point my way for buying Retumbo?
and if Retumbo is not available what is a good second choice?

I will be reloading 300 Ulta Mag,
Nosler or Norma Brass
215 Winchester primers
210 burger bullets VLD Hunting Bullet

I am looking for some sellers of everything I will need to reload here at home

Thank you for your time,
Michael Dickerson (outdoorplay)
All The Outdoors
I haven't seen any Retumbo for sale in over two years. I'm sure there is some somewhere, just not in front of me. I did score a jug of 8133 and really like it. I will be using that in my 28 and my RUM for awhile.
I prefer ADG Brass
#215 is a Federal Primer. You will need a Large Rifle Magnum Primer and you cannot be picky about the brand right now.
Look at the 215gr hybrid instead of the 210VLD. You can run them the same speed and the 215 is easier to tune. less sensitive to seating depth.
Good Luck. Everything is hard to find right now and overpriced.

I haven't seen any Retumbo for sale in over two years. I'm sure there is some somewhere, just not in front of me. I did score a jug of 8133 and really like it. I will be using that in my 28 and my RUM for awhile.
I prefer ADG Brass
#215 is a Federal Primer. You will need a Large Rifle Magnum Primer and you cannot be picky about the brand right now.
Look at the 215gr hybrid instead of the 210VLD. You can run them the same speed and the 215 is easier to tune. less sensitive to seating depth.
Good Luck. Everything is hard to find right now and overpriced.
how does it work from 6 degrees to 70 degrees? witch is my range during my hunting season, my average morning is 17 degrees, my average midday is 50 to 70

I was looking at that, as a backup, but how does it shoot, from 6 degrees to 70 degrees
Issues with Temps aren't usually in that range so much as between 70 and 100deg. All powders will have velocity variations at extreme temperature ranges. Elevated Temps can cause dangerous pressures with less stable powderss.

Last edited:
Hurry Up

Sure better. Out of 8's. Limit 2 on singles. Wouldn't be enough to worry with at 95 grs a pop

I ended up getting 2lbs and I will keep looking as I am going to need to practice a lot, I have never reloaded before, and I have never shot a 300 ultra mag, I have hunting elk for the last 23 years, have only come home 4 times with paper, but this new spot I found is 700 to 1200 yards and my 30 06 dies off to much after 500, at the range I can hit 615 all the time. but there just is not enough power at that range for a elk, so I stepped up to the 300 ultra mag. cant wait to get all the parts in so I can start playing

by the way, I really would like to say thank you for the help, I have already found some scammer sites out there,

do you guys have a go to site's for brass, or should I just keep with the ones your guys have already posted?

I ended up getting 2lbs and I will keep looking as I am going to need to practice a lot, I have never reloaded before, and I have never shot a 300 ultra mag, I have hunting elk for the last 23 years, have only come home 4 times with paper, but this new spot I found is 700 to 1200 yards and my 30 06 dies off to much after 500, at the range I can hit 615 all the time. but there just is not enough power at that range for a elk, so I stepped up to the 300 ultra mag. cant wait to get all the parts in so I can start playing
You have enough powder to load 140 to 150 rounds