New Muzzle Brake Reviews

D.Camilleri

I just bought two new muzzle brakes for each of my 338 rums. For my Bartlein barrelled gun I installed a Terminator T3 and for my Broughton barrelled gun I installed a muzzle brakes and more 5 port Lil Beast. I went to the range yesterday and ran the same loads through each gun and tested speeds with the magneto speed. I am happy with the results, the 225 grain loads were really tamed down and the 285 and 300 GR loads were much more manageable than with the prior radial brake and 3 port muscle brake. Between the new brakes, I would say they are equally effective.

I think most of the clam shell type brakes are very close in performance(Terminator, APA, Muzzle Brakes & More) and I really like the self indexing models as I can install them myself and switch barrels too. The MB&M seem to be a better price. It really tamed a 9lb 300 WSM shooting 200 grain pills at 2,900 FPS+ so you can spot shots unless the scope is at max zoom.
But they sure are loud though.

The T-3 is my favorite for sure !
All on 338 's !!

Rum Man
20190203_134426.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts