New Mexico Elk drawing results are out!!

rgrx1276

Got lucky! tried to draw everything but javelina, hit unit 51 first season for rifle elk.

rgrx1276

Good luck there my friend. I know nothing about the unit I drew, but plan to be scouting a week ahead of the opener.

Last edited:

majo22

Got lucky and drew an archery antelope archery elk and barbary tag in NM this year.

SO92

Drew 16e this year. Sounds like the drought could make my hunt interesting. Hoping for monsoon.

6x6 elk

Wish we could give them some of the rain we’ve been getting in Indiana. I’ve hunted New Mexico twice when there was a drought and it rained like crazy opening day of the rifle Elk season.

Dzel777

Drew 16c rifle!!
Never hunted New Mexico before and would appreciate tips, if anyone has any.
Really not interested in a honey hole or mountain range but maybe some advice on a good base camp location that will enable me to access the wilderness portion of this unit.
Plan on doing one scouting trip but I’ll only have 1-1.5 days to get it done after the 16hr drive from NV. Main focus will be terain familiarization and to find a few potential camp spots.
If anyone has anything I would appreciate it. Would be willing to trade similar intel for NV. I have taken multiple record book animals here and know most of the state pretty well.
Thanks!