New Member - Texas

double_d

New member here from North Texas area. Spend most of my time hunting hogs, predators and deer locally and try to go Elk/Antelope hunting in Wyoming at least 1x/year. I had a genius idea and started a Facebook group that allowed people to "Trade hunts" when someone pointed me to this forum and the exact same concept so I joined here and shut down the FB group.

I'm an avid long range shooter and hunter and looking forward to meeting you all.

Calibers/Rifles
338 Norma
6.5x47 Lapua
6.5 Creed
223, 223AI
300 WinMag
26 Nosler
28 Nosler
.... etc

d

Welcome- I'm just south of you in "far north" Dallas. What range are you taking all of those toys to? My membership is about up where I'm at and looking around the metroplex to see if I want to switch up.

I mostly shoot on my own land or other semi-private places. Where is your membership. You may want to check out Jacobs Plain in Greenville (i think)

I mostly shoot on my own land or other semi-private places. Where is your membership. You may want to check out Jacobs Plain in Greenville (i think)

Jacobs Plain is where I started getting into shooting sports about 10 years ago, but it was IDPA. I learned how to reload for the pistols I was shooting there, then started doing the same for my hunting rifles and now I guess I'm a rifle guy and seldom shoot pistols anymore. My membership is out at LSGC in Mesquite currently, but maybe looking to get somewhere else that has a bit more range.

JP has a long range side now, I think it goes to 1000+ It was just bought by someone else about 6 months ago and the TxPRC has monthly matches there. Not sure about the membership details.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.