New member from Texas!

Hello From TX. Would like to thank Ken Backus for the warm welcome and info. I joined up to ask a few specific questions. I have read many threads on this forum and others and watched a lot of yt videos but still not able to answer my questions. I will start a different thread for that.
Have been hurting for many years. Rifle and bow. My first gun purchase was a Marlin Glenfield 30 GT 30-30 with a straight stock and 18" barrel. Still have it and still hunt with it. Over the years I learned I am left eye dominate. That didn't matter with my 30GT. I hunt in East TX and out in West TX. Except on my last hunting trip out west I finally realized I need a rifle that can reach out to 3 or 400 yards. My 30GT has been good to me, it's a tact driver. When my oldest daughter started hunting I bought her a Marlin XS7 in 7mm08. Then when her sister started hunting she got a Weatherby Vanguard Camilla in 7mm08. When I got back from the ranch I started my search for a new deer rifle for me. I had only 3 requirements. It had to be left-handed, 7mm08 Remington and the bolt action needed to be smooth as butter. Can you guess?... A Tikka T3x Hunter with a walnut stock and 22.4" barrel is headed for some west TX hunting. The glass is a leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 30mm. Fire dot. There is a reason all 3 of our rifles are the same caliber. And that is also the reason for me to join this great forum to ask a few questions and learn from the best.
TIA.
Welcome from the neighbor state of New Mexico.

Welcome from Tennessee. Are you right handed and left eye dominant? I've struggled with this myself. The 7mm08 is a fine chambering and should serve you well.
I am some what ambidextrous. When I was little, some old Methodist lady's were teaching me how to write. They didn't like me writing with my left hand. Forced me to use my right. I grew up using my right hand to eat,write, throw and golf. But if I ever picked up a fishing pole, rifle or bow it going to be left handed. I was pretty good at golf, shot par a few times but I struggled with putting. Not realizing it at the time I think being left eye dominant and putting rt handed was the culprit. But the issue really showed up with a bow and arrow. There was no way I could use a rt handed bow. This left handed bolt action Tikka is the first LH rifle I've ever had. It's been a long time coming. I am excited.