New member from Texas

Where abouts in the hill country I recognize those white spotted coats in your profile picture. The free rangers have taken over where I hunt and only saw one white tail this year opening weekend in south east Gillespie county.
I'm just north of Bandera on the Medina River. Fredericksburg ain't far! We still have plenty of whitetails here.

I'm just north of Bandera on the Medina River. Fredericksburg ain't far! We still have plenty of whitetails here.
East of Luckenbach, the axis have taken over. I saw a hand full of WT about 4 miles out from my folks land but only one WT on my folks place and certainly wasn't a shooter. Looked to be a yearling doe.

East of Luckenbach, the axis have taken over. I saw a hand full of WT about 4 miles out from my folks land but only one WT on my folks place and certainly wasn't a shooter. Looked to be a yearling doe.
We're neighbors by Texas standards! I sure miss Willie's picnics.....used to go hang out in Luchenbach all the time.

We're neighbors by Texas standards! I sure miss Willie's picnics.....used to go hang out in Luchenbach all the time.
The hill country is really populating , my place is a little farther west 14 miles east of the Pecos , still a lot of big ranches out that way , but wind turbines are taking the place of people , might be a good thing I doubt there will any subdivisions popping up in a wind mill farm.

Robert gray army airfield is about 3 miles out my front door, Ft Hood fence is about a mile. How are you liking this oddly cold Christmas weather?
I'm a native Californian, but after living in TX for for 40 years (thanks to the Army) I'm used to rapidly changing weather. But this is nothing like two years ago is it?