New member from Texas!

30-GT

Hello From TX. Would like to thank Ken Backus for the warm welcome and info. I joined up to ask a few specific questions. I have read many threads on this forum and others and watched a lot of yt videos but still not able to answer my questions. I will start a different thread for that.
Have been hurting for many years. Rifle and bow. My first gun purchase was a Marlin Glenfield 30 GT 30-30 with a straight stock and 18" barrel. Still have it and still hunt with it. Over the years I learned I am left eye dominate. That didn't matter with my 30GT. I hunt in East TX and out in West TX. Except on my last hunting trip out west I finally realized I need a rifle that can reach out to 3 or 400 yards. My 30GT has been good to me, it's a tact driver. When my oldest daughter started hunting I bought her a Marlin XS7 in 7mm08. Then when her sister started hunting she got a Weatherby Vanguard Camilla in 7mm08. When I got back from the ranch I started my search for a new deer rifle for me. I had only 3 requirements. It had to be left-handed, 7mm08 Remington and the bolt action needed to be smooth as butter. Can you guess?... A Tikka T3x Hunter with a walnut stock and 22.4" barrel is headed for some west TX hunting. The glass is a leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 30mm. Fire dot. There is a reason all 3 of our rifles are the same caliber. And that is also the reason for me to join this great forum to ask a few questions and learn from the best.
TIA.

Hello From TX. Would like to thank Ken Backus for the warm welcome and info. I joined up to ask a few specific questions. I have read many threads on this forum and others and watched a lot of yt videos but still not able to answer my questions. I will start a different thread for that.
Have been hurting for many years. Rifle and bow. My first gun purchase was a Marlin Glenfield 30 GT 30-30 with a straight stock and 18" barrel. Still have it and still hunt with it. Over the years I learned I am left eye dominate. That didn't matter with my 30GT. I hunt in East TX and out in West TX. Except on my last hunting trip out west I finally realized I need a rifle that can reach out to 3 or 400 yards. My 30GT has been good to me, it's a tact driver. When my oldest daughter started hunting I bought her a Marlin XS7 in 7mm08. Then when her sister started hunting she got a Weatherby Vanguard Camilla in 7mm08. When I got back from the ranch I started my search for a new deer rifle for me. I had only 3 requirements. It had to be left-handed, 7mm08 Remington and the bolt action needed to be smooth as butter. Can you guess?... A Tikka T3x Hunter with a walnut stock and 22.4" barrel is headed for some west TX hunting. The glass is a leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 30mm. Fire dot. There is a reason all 3 of our rifles are the same caliber. And that is also the reason for me to join this great forum to ask a few questions and learn from the best.
TIA.
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy!

Ed

Recent Posts